Sticky date pudding. Read Customer Reviews & Find Best Sellers. Sticky Date Pudding – you're my favourite and always will be. Also known as Sticky Toffee Pudding, the simple trick that makes all the difference is to pour some Butterscotch Sauce over the warm cake when it comes out of the oven.
Add the eggs one at a time, beating well between each addition. Fold in the flour mixture and the date puree until well blended. Spoon into the prepared muffin cups. You can have Sticky date pudding using 9 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Sticky date pudding
- It’s 300 g of dates, chopped, equivalent to 1.75 cups.
- It’s 1 of egg.
- You need 1 of egg white.
- It’s 100 g of brown sugar, soft, equivalent to 1/2 cup.
- You need 230 g of flour, self-raising, equivalent to 1.5 cups.
- It’s 90 g of low fat margarine.
- You need 1 teaspoon of vanilla essence.
- Prepare 2 teaspoons of bicarbonate.
- You need 1 3/4 cups of water.
Sprinkle with extra salt to serve. Sticky date pudding is one of those evergreen desserts people come back to time and time again. It's simple to make and just full of decadent, old-world charm. Combine dates and the water in a medium heatproof bowl.
Sticky date pudding instructions
- In a small saucepan, place the dates with the water and bring to the boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes or until soft..
- Stir in the vanilla essence and bicarbonate, and set aside to cool to room temperature. Beat the margarine and sugar with electric beaters until pale and creamy. Gradually add the whole egg and egg white, beating well after each addition..
- Fold in the flours and the date mixture in 2 batches..
- Lightly grease the base and sides of your pudding pan..
- Pour the prepared mixtures into the greased pudding pan and bake in a preheated oven (180 degrees Celsius) for 50 minutes..
- Cool in the pudding pan for 10 minutes before turning out. Serve with your favorite fruit syrup or ice cream!.
- Enjoy! :).
Process date mixture with butter and sugar until smooth. Add egg and flour to mixture; process until just combined. Sticky date pudding is a classic winter dessert that is a favourite amongst adults and kids. Old Fashioned Date Pudding features a date cake with a rich, sticky sauce that separates to the bottom while cooking. Serve warm with the sticky sauce poured over top and a dollop of whipped cream.