Whole Wheat Banana Date Oatmeal Muffin. These healthy banana muffins are fluffy and irresistible, yet made with wholesome ingredients. They're made with whole wheat flour and naturally sweetened with maple syrup or honey. Plus, they're so easy to make (no mixer required).
Whole wheat flour makes your baked goods denser and a lot heavier than those made with just all purpose flour – and is not forgiving when it overcooks. Whole Wheat Banana Muffins-the perfect recipe for using up your brown bananas! I usually eat a banana every day, but I haven't been able to stomach I wanted the banana muffins to be on the healthier side, so I used white whole wheat flour, coconut oil, and Greek yogurt. You can cook Whole Wheat Banana Date Oatmeal Muffin using 17 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Whole Wheat Banana Date Oatmeal Muffin
- Prepare 1 cup of Quick Oats.
- You need 1 cup of Soymilk w/1 tbl lemon juice added.
- You need 1/2 cup of All purpose flour.
- You need 1/2 cup of Whole Wheat flour.
- It’s 1 tsp of Baking Powder.
- You need 1/2 tsp of Baking Soda.
- It’s 1 tsp of Salt.
- You need 1 tsp of Cinnamon.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of Ginger.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of Nutmeg.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of Cardamom.
- You need 1/4 tsp of Ground Cloves.
- Prepare 1/3 cup of Butter, softned.
- It’s 1/2 cup of Packed Brown Sugar.
- Prepare 1 large of Egg.
- You need 1 large of Banana.
- Prepare 1 cup of Chopped Dates.
These hearty oatmeal banana muffins are made with whole wheat flour and a touch of maple flavor. These muffins happened last week when I was craving warm fall foods — we had a little bit of fall weather (that has since left us) and I was loving it! This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure for more info.
Whole Wheat Banana Date Oatmeal Muffin instructions
- Mix soymilk and oats together let set for 1hour..
- Cream together butter and brown sugar set aside..
- Mix together all dry ingredients. Set aside..
- Mix egg into brown sugar mixture until well blended..
- Alternately add dry ingredients and oatmeal mixture to the bown sugar mixture..
- Mash banana and add with the dates to the muffin mixture. (Fold in).
- Fill muffin cups 2/3 full bake at 400°f for 20min..
Whole Wheat Flour: Whole wheat is much better for you than white flour. You can feel a little better eating muffins with whole grains. Filled with whole grains and sweetened with bananas and dates, these muffins are healthy, hearty and delicious! These Whole Wheat Bran Muffins are free of refined sugar – they are simply sweetened with dates and banana. I couldn't taste the date flavor and the banana.