Carrot Date and Walnut Cake. How to make carrot cake from scratch. This cake is quick and easy to make, versatile and utterly delicious. For a gluten-free carrot cake, swap the flour for your favorite gluten-free flour blend.
Carrot cake is an all time favorite, especially when walnuts are included. Toss dates into the picture and, well, it's over the top in a good way (as in carrots, walnuts, and dates are all… exceptionally good for you). Brown sugar is the sweetener of choice for carrot cakes, and what is used here, in. – Carrot Dates Cake-Christmas Special Cake. You can cook Carrot Date and Walnut Cake using 12 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Carrot Date and Walnut Cake
- You need 1/2 cup of caramelized sugar syrup.
- It’s 1 cup of chopped dates.
- Prepare 1 cup of grated carrots.
- It’s 1/2 cup of chopped walnuts.
- You need 1 1/4 cup of All purpose flour.
- It’s 1 cup of sugar.
- Prepare 1 cup of Vegetable oil.
- It’s 2 of eggs.
- Prepare 1 tsp of baking powder.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of baking soda.
- You need 1/4 tsp of salt.
- It’s 1 tsp of Vanilla extract.
To make the cake, whisk the eggs, sugar, salt and oil together in a large bowl. A nice carrot and walnut cake with a slight taste of spice due to some spices like cardamom. Healthy, easy carrot cake baked oatmeal cups with raisins, pecans & coconut. Tender, naturally sweetened carrot cake bites with dates, carrots, walnuts, cinnamon, and coconut flour!
Carrot Date and Walnut Cake instructions
- Caramel syrup-In a small sauce pan, on medium low heat, melt 1/2 cup sugar and 1/4 cup water. Once it turns deep amber color, keep the syrup to cool..
- Preheat the oven to 350°F..
- In a large bowl, add the dry ingredients..
- Now put the chopped dates,carrots and walnuts into the dry mixture and mix until well coated..
- Mix together the wet ingredients-oil,eggs,sugar and caramel syrup in another large bowl..
- Now fold the dry ingredient mixture into the wet until well combined..
- Pour the batter into the prepared cake tin..
- Bake for 30 mins or until a tooth pick inserted into the center comes out clean..
- Cool the cake on a wire rack. Slice and serve like that or with cream cheese frosting..
- Trust me the cakes tastes absolutely delicious even without a frosting!.
So simple, delicious carrot cake flavor, and the perfect healthier snack or dessert! This delicious moist carrot cake is made with walnuts and orange zest and is topped with light cream cheese frosting – it's great for an indulgent dessert or as Fold the flour mixture into the carrot mixture, taking care not to overmix. Fold in the toasted walnuts until evenly combined. This deliciously moist carrot cake is made with walnuts and orange zest and is topped with light cream-cheese frosting – it's great for Fold the flour mixture into the carrot mixture, taking care not to overmix. Fold in the toasted walnuts until evenly combined.