Zucchini Date Bread. Place zucchini on top and cover with several more layers of paper towels. In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar baking soda, spices, dates (see note at the bottom), and walnuts. Whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, and pepper in a bowl until evenly combined; set aside.
For Cranberry Orange Bread: omit the zucchini, cinnamon, cloves and raisins. Need recipes for zucchini bread recipes? Get easy to make zucchini bread recipes for your next meal or gathering. You can cook Zucchini Date Bread using 12 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Zucchini Date Bread
- It’s 1 cup of shredded zucchini.
- Prepare 1 cup of chopped pitted dates.
- Prepare 1 cup of water.
- You need 1 cup of whole-wheat flour.
- Prepare 1 cup of all-purpose flour.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of granulated sugar.
- You need 1 tsp of baking powder.
- You need 1/2 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of baking soda.
- You need 1/2 tsp of ground cinnamon.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of ground cloves.
- It’s 2 of large eggs.
Taste of Home has lots of zucchini bread recipes including chocolate zucchini bread recipes, easy zucchini bread recipes, and more zucchini bread recipes. Whisk the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, and chocolate chips together in a large bowl until thoroughly combined. Spray a mini loaf pan with baking spray and set aside. In a small bowl, whisk the dry ingredients: flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
Zucchini Date Bread step by step
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly spray 8x4x2 inch loaf pan with nonstick cooking spray..
- Press moisture out of shredded zucchini with paper towels. Set aside..
- Combine chopped dates & water in small saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium heat. Remove from heat. Let stand about 15 minutes..
- Combine whole wheat flour, all-purpose flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, baking soda, ground cinnamon, & ground cloves in large bowl..
- In medium bowl, beat eggs with fork. Stir in date mixture & zucchini..
- Stir egg mixture into flour mixture just until dry ingredients are moistened. Pour batter into prepared pan..
- Bake until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean, about 30 to 35 minutes. Cool for 5 minutes. Remove from pan. Cool zucchini bread completely on wire rack..
White and Brown Sugar – Check out my guide to vegan sugars and alternative sugar replacements. For a healthier sugar alternative, I recommend coconut sugar. Applesauce – This is the binder of the recipe. Stir into the mixture along with the nuts until well combined. Zucchini is meant to add to the taste and texture of bread by 'melting' inside of the bread while it bakes.