Dill Pickle Pasta Salad. Dill Pickle Pasta Salad is an easy creamy pasta salad recipe with tons of flavor & crunch! Cheddar cheese, cripsy dill pickles, freh dill and a hint of cayenne, this pasta salad is perfect for potlucks and can be made ahead of time. So many pasta salads taste too mayonnaise-y to me but the addition of the red wine vinegar gives this some tang.
Calling all dill pickle lovers, this salad recipe is for you! This creamy Dill Pickle Pasta Salad is THE BEST and has the tangy flavour of crunchy pickles, fresh Something not so common happened after I made this Dill Pickle Pasta Salad for the first time – my oldest made it herself the next day and then. This dill pickle pasta salad is a fun change from your normal pasta salad. You can have Dill Pickle Pasta Salad using 12 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Dill Pickle Pasta Salad
- You need 1/2 box of your favorite pasta (I used rotelle today).
- Prepare 1/3 cup of mayo.
- You need 1/4 cup of cheddar, cubed.
- Prepare 3 tbs of sour cream.
- It’s 1 cup of dill pickle juice (divided).
- It’s 3-4 tbs of dill pickle, diced.
- Prepare 2 tbs of red onion, diced.
- Prepare 2 tsp of fresh dill, chopped.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of cayenne.
- You need to taste of Salt & Pepper.
- Prepare of Optional: 1 egg, hard boiled.
- Prepare of Optional: sliced black olives.
This salad includes chunks of dill pickle along with fresh dill and chunks of cheddar cheese. However, it still includes pasta wrapped in a creamy robe of dressing. Dill pickle pasta salad is one of our absolute favorites!! Easy to make, full of delicious crunchy pickle flavor and the perfect potluck dish!!
Dill Pickle Pasta Salad instructions
- Boil pasta as directed on box..
- While the pasta is cooking, dice other ingredients..
- When pasta is done, drain and cool with cold water. Place the pasta in a bowl and add 3/4 cup of the dill pickle juice and toss. Let sit for 5-10 minutes so that the juice can penetrate the pasta. Then drain the juice..
- Add mayo and sour cream and the remainder of the dill pickle juice (you can reduce the amount of juice to your liking). Add all other ingredients except the cheddarand toss. Refrigerate for about 30-45 mins..
- When ready to eat, add the cheddar and toss and serve. (The cheddar will become softer the longer it sits in the salad so only add as much as you plan to eat and store the remainder without the cheese and add later.) ENJOY!.
I find that I crave this tasty pasta salad and always Also, one tip about making this dill pickle pasta salad is that the dressing will firm up a bit after chilling in the refrigerator. Pasta salad is always a good choice to bring to these types of parties: It can be made ahead of time and tastes better the longer it sits. In this recipe, the pickle juice cuts the richness of the mayo in a dill-heavy ranch dressing while adding a briny punch of flavor. Dill Pickle Pasta Salad is a perfect side dish for Summer cookouts and BBQ's. Because that's how Summer pasta salad is supposed to This Dill Pickle Pasta Salad is the macaroni salad that you need to be eating this summer.