Maple Dill Pickles. Generous portion of maple syrup there and we're just going to put this on the stove until it boils. Shove in some dill there, works really well with pickling. Just going to push that down.
This dill pickle recipe is great for pickling cucumbers, as well as a variety of other vegetables. That's right—you can make pickles out of cucumbers, cauliflower, green and red peppers, onions. All the pickles in my book are sour; pickles are by definition sour. You can cook Maple Dill Pickles using 10 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Maple Dill Pickles
- It’s 1/2 cup of pure maple syrup.
- You need 1 quart of vinegar.
- Prepare 1 cup of water.
- It’s 1/3 cup of kosher salt.
- Prepare 46 ounce of sterilized jar.
- You need 1 tablespoon of yellow mustard seeds.
- Prepare 3 of bay leaves, crumbled.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of dill weed.
- It’s 8 of whole juniper berries.
- You need 6 cups of sliced cucumbers, washed first.
But the New Yorkers were looking at recipe Layer the cucumbers in a gallon jar with the dill, hot peppers, peppercorns, and coriander. The cool thing about dill pickles? You can chop them up and mix them into all sorts of dishes to bolster savory flavor. Not to mention that pickle juice is pretty much a miracle.
Maple Dill Pickles step by step
- In a pot heat the water, vinegar, and half the salt, bring to a boil.
- To the jar add the cucumber slices, mustard seeds, dill weed, bay leaves, half the salt, and maple syrup..
- When the vinegar solution has boiled pour over the cucumbers..
- Add the juniper berries. Then Add the lid tightly and shake till the jar contents are mixed well. Be careful the jar and lid will be hot.
- You can put into refrigerator for a minimum of 1 week or put on a shelf and wait 6 weeks. As it cools the lid should seal if not add to refrigerator.
- Serve I hope you enjoy!.
Choose crisp freshly gathered cucumbers and make pickles promptly. Fresh green dill with well developed seed heads is best. Pickle fans, this is big dill. Vacuum-fried pickle chips are being developed by Vlasic. Pickle producer Vlasic is developing chips made entirely of pickles, the brand's parent company, Conagra.