Lemon Dill Rice. I found the basis for this recipe years ago and have revised it over the years. Try this tasty rice with fish or chicken. I made a nice halibut dinner tonight and I paired it with this lemon-dill rice.
Stir in chicken broth, wine, lemon zest and dill. Stir in lemon juice and pepper. Rice is the ideal side for soaking up sauces and balancing out spicy dishes. You can have Lemon Dill Rice using 9 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Lemon Dill Rice
- Prepare 3 tbsp of butter.
- It’s 1 tbsp of onion, minced.
- Prepare 2 cup of long-grain white rice.
- It’s 4 cup of water.
- You need 1/4 cup of fresh lemon juice.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of salt.
- You need 2 tbsp of dill seed.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of lemon zest.
- It’s 1 tsp of fresh parsley.
This Middle Eastern recipe for basic white rice is kicked up a notch with chopped fresh dill and freshly squeezed lemon juice. Lemon brown rice seasoned with dill and other herbs, pistachios, garlic, and feta that pairs perfectly as a side dish for seafood, chicken, or anything else! This lemon brown rice side dish is so quick and easy to make and versatile that it'll quickly become a favorite. Once rice is finished, stir in a little bit of extra virgin olive oil before adding the parsley, dill and lemon zest.
Lemon Dill Rice step by step
- Preheat oven to 325°.
- Melt butter in heavy skillet over medium heat. Add the onion and rice, cook and stir till lightly toasted. Stir in water and lemon juice, and season with salt and dill seed. Bring to boil. Pour rice mixture into a 3 quart casserole dish..
- Bake for one hour covered in oven. Garnish with lemon zest and parsley..
Visit The Mediterranean Dish store to check out Private Reserve Greek extra virgin olive oil and our Early Harvest Greek Extra virgin olive oil (both single estate oils from organically grown and processed Koroneiki olives.) Your rice should be ready. Fluff more and spoon into a bowl. Top with large chunks of the baked salmon with lemon and dill. Add lemon wedges or slices and extra dill to the dish. If you desire, season with salt and pepper.