Oatmeal Cookies with dried cherrie and dried blueberries. Cook's notes: I like less-sweet cookies, so I reduce the amount of granulated sugar. These are the best oatmeal cookies I've ever had! Any dried fruit works well such as cherries, raisins, cranberries, blueberries, or chopped apricots.
I was in the mood for an oatmeal cookie with blueberries and this recipe is perfect. Bonnie says: Dried blueberries are available at health food stores and bulk food stores. They are fairly expensive but deliver a powerful antioxidant punch and intense blueberry taste. You can have Oatmeal Cookies with dried cherrie and dried blueberries using 14 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Oatmeal Cookies with dried cherrie and dried blueberries
- It’s 1/4 cup of softened butter (Smart Balance).
- Prepare 4 tbsp of applesauce or pearsauce.
- Prepare 3/4 cup of firmly packed light brown sugar.
- It’s 1/2 cup of granulated sugar (used a little less).
- You need 2 of eggs.
- You need 1 tsp of vanilla.
- It’s 1 cup of wheat flour.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of all-purpose flour.
- Prepare 1 tsp of baking soda.
- You need 1 tsp of ground cinnamon.
- You need 1/4 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 1 cup of walnuts.
- It’s 1 cup of dried fruit (cherries, blueberries).
- Prepare 3 cup of old fashioned oatmeal, uncooked.
Chewy Oatmeal Cookies with Dried Cherries and Chocolate ChipsJames Beard Foundation. Orange Cookies With Cherries And Maraschino Cherry Cookies Recipes. Healthy Cookies With Pistachios + Dried CherriesThe Cheerful Kitchen. This is a great variation to the traditional oatmeal raisin cookies.
Oatmeal Cookies with dried cherrie and dried blueberries instructions
- Heat oven 350°F.
- In large bowl, beat butter and sugars on medium speed of electric mixer, until creamy..
- Add eggs and vanilla; beat well..
- Add combined flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt; mix well..
- Add applesauce or pearsauce..
- Add oats, walnuts, dried fruit; mix well..
- Drop dough by rounded tablespoonfuls onto ungresed baking sheet..
- Bake 8 to 11 minutes. Cool completely. Store in air tight container. Freezes well..
We love oatmeal but are not fans of raisins so dried blueberries are the perfect. The basic cookie dough for oatmeal cookies is a great base for any sort of dried fruit mix and any sort of ground spice that is available. I adapt these with the following add-ins instead of the ginger and blueberries: candied walnuts and dried sour cherries. My friends go crazy for them. Here, she shares her recipe for soft and chewy oatmeal cookies that satisfy through a combination of tart cherries and classic chocolate chips, a perfect example of a sweet worth including Add the oats, flour, baking soda, and salt.