Dried Fruits And Nuts Cake. Chock-full of crunchy nuts and moist dried fruit, this cake is a taste sensation. May we suggest a choice of apricots, plums, pears, or peaches? Pour the egg mixture over the dry ingredients and mix well with a wooden spoon or your hands until all the fruits and nuts are coated with batter.
I had just finished the last of my Christmas Fruit Cake and was looking for a similar type This loaf fit the bill; a cake with lots of dried fruits (raisins, dried cranberries, dried cherries, dates, figs, prunes, and apricots) and nuts (walnuts. Dried fruits are such a wonderful ingredient for so many dishes, either eat it like a snack, add it to your morning cereal bowl or in our case, bake tasty. Christmas Cake with Dried Fruit and Nuts. You can cook Dried Fruits And Nuts Cake using 13 ingredients and 21 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Dried Fruits And Nuts Cake
- It’s 3 cups of plain flour / maida.
- You need 400 gms of condensed milk.
- Prepare 3/4 cup of oil.
- It’s 1/2 cup of sugar.
- You need 1/2 cup of curd.
- You need 11/2 tsp of baking powder.
- You need 1 tsp of baking soda.
- It’s Pinch of salt.
- You need 1 tsp of vanilla essence.
- It’s 2-3 tbsp of strawberry crush.
- You need 1 cup of finely chopped dried fruits and nuts.
- It’s 1 tsp of butter to grease the cake tin.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of flour for dusting the cake tin.
These are basically fruit and nuts with a bit of flour and eggs to bind them together. Exceptionally easy to make, delicious and nutritious, this cake makes Add the brown sugar, all the dried fruit, and nuts and mix thoroughly with your fingers. In a small bowl, beat the eggs with the vanilla extract. Eggless Fruit Cake loaded with dried fruits, nuts and filled with the aroma of all the warm spices.
Dried Fruits And Nuts Cake instructions
- Take 1 cup finely chopped dried fruits and nuts like papaya, banana, kiwi etc, you can see the dried fruits here.
- Take 3 tbsp of strawberry crush.
- Now add the 3/4 cup of dried fruits and nuts in the strawberry crush and soak them for half an hour, keep the 1/4 cup of dried fruits and nuts aside for later use.
- Now put the plain flour in a big strainer, in the meantime preheat the oven at 180 degrees Celsius.
- Add baking powder, baking soda and salt to the plain flour.
- Sieve them together for four times.
- In a big mixing bowl combine together oil, sugar and curd.
- Blend them nicely with a wire whisk or electric beater.
- Then add condensed milk to the mixture and blend well.
- Now start adding the flour to the mixture, little by little.
- And mix them by cut and fold method, add little room temperature milk to the batter to adjust the consistency.
- The batter should be of medium thick consistency.
- Now add vanilla essence and mix well.
- Then add the soaked fruits and nuts to the batter.
- Mix them well, but with light hands.
- Grease and dust a 8"/8" cake tin.
- Now pour the ready batter in the greased and dusted cake tin.
- Now sprinkle the remaining dried fruits and nuts on top.
- Place the tin in the preheated oven and bake for 35 – 40 minutes, until the cake cooks properly and becomes light brown from top.
- To check whether the cake is properly baked or not, just pierce a knife or a toothpick inside the cake, if it comes out clean, it means it is cooked properly, when the cake becomes completely cool then take it out in a plate.
- Cut them in slices and serve whenever required, you can have this with tea or coffee, it can be used as a tea cake for evenings.
Enjoy a slice of this fruit cake this festive season! Currants, raisins, dried fruit, and nuts – great additions to a cake but being heavier than the cake mixture can sometimes congregate at the base of the cake. To prevent this, follow this handy solution using flour. Dried fruits and nuts mooncake not only sounds health, it really looks good too…. I don't think I want to make anymore mooncake for this year, will Ann, you keep so many types of dried fruits & nuts at home?