Vickys Quinoa & Dried Fruit Porridge, GF DF EF SF NF. Vickys Quinoa & Dried Fruit Porridge, GF DF EF SF NF An alternative to oat porridge made with pinhead oatmeal. It has the same nutty flavour and texture. Vickys Quinoa, Courgette & Pomegranate Salad, Gluten, Dairy, Egg, Soy & Nut-Free Just a great, healthy, colourful salad or side!
Oats and quinoa both have great nutritional benefits so why not combine them? Adding flax gives an extra boost. Vickys Good Morning Quinoa, GF DF EF SF NF I'm not good at eating as soon as I get up so this is perfect. You can cook Vickys Quinoa & Dried Fruit Porridge, GF DF EF SF NF using 6 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Vickys Quinoa & Dried Fruit Porridge, GF DF EF SF NF
- Prepare 340 g of dry quinoa.
- Prepare 720 ml of light coconut milk or milk of choice.
- You need 200 g of dried cranberries, cherries, blueberries, strawberries etc.
- Prepare 2 tsp of vanilla extract.
- You need 1 tsp of ground cinnamon.
- You need of sugar / maple syrup etc to sweeten.
By the time it's out of the oven I'm ready for breakfast! Use immediately, or spread on a rimmed baking sheet to let cool. Here's the trick for perfectly fluffy quinoa: Use twice as much water as quinoa, as usual, then cook uncovered until the quinoa has absorbed all the water. The cooking time will vary based on quantity.
Vickys Quinoa & Dried Fruit Porridge, GF DF EF SF NF instructions
- Rinse the quinoa off in a sieve under cold running water before you begin to get rid of the bitter coating.
- Then simply put all the ingredients in a saucepan, bring to the boil then turn down to a simmer and cover.
- Let cook for 10 – 15 minutes until the milk has been absorbed then sweeten to taste if needed and serve.
Finally, using vegetable or chicken broth instead of water is a great way to add flavor to your quinoa. You could also add spices and seasonings to the cooking liquid, or toss the cooked quinoa with dressing while it's still warm. You can cook quinoa in a rice cooker (or the Instant Pot), but the best way to cook quinoa is actually on the stovetop. You are the best channel homemade recipes where stylish kitchen , honesty , hygiene, education and good flavor. Quinoa (Chenopodium quinoa; / ˈ k iː n w ɑː / or / k ɪ ˈ n oʊ. ə /, from Quechua kinwa or kinuwa) is a flowering plant in the amaranth family.