Kabocha Squash Salad with Dried Fruit and Nuts. This best-ever kabocha squash salad is tossed with a sweet and savory chile and pumpkin seed dressing and bitter greens. Get the recipe at Food Season generously with salt and pepper. Spread the squash wedges on the hot baking sheets in an even layer.
Vegan and gluten-free recipe for a vivid, flavorful kale and kabocha salad. Massage the kale and roast the squash with roasted red pepper vinaigrette. Kabocha Squash Salad recipe that goes great with any Korean meal. You can have Kabocha Squash Salad with Dried Fruit and Nuts using 8 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Kabocha Squash Salad with Dried Fruit and Nuts
- Prepare 1/8 of Kabocha squash.
- Prepare 80 grams of ❤ Unsweetened yogurt.
- You need 2 tbsp of ❤ Mayonnaise.
- You need 15 grams of ❤ Cranberries.
- You need 15 grams of ❤ Mango.
- It’s 15 grams of ❤ Raisins.
- Prepare 1 of Nuts (Walnuts, pumpkin seeds, etc.).
- Prepare 1 of Salt and coarsely ground black pepper (optional).
High in beta-carotene, Kabocha Squash also has great health benefits so try making some! Kabocha Squash Salad that will enhance any Korean meal! Sweet and creamy kabocha squash meets umami-packed miso marinade and tofu in this early fall dinner salad that will whet your appetite for squash season. What You Get: Fully Belly Farm Kabocha squash Organic tofu Miso marinade Asian greens Tokyo turnips Ginger-soy vinaigrette.
Kabocha Squash Salad with Dried Fruit and Nuts instructions
- Dried fruit will expand a little after absorbing liquid, so chop the larger pieces, like the mangoes. You can use any dried fruit of your choice..
- Preparation the night before: Add 1 tablespoon of mayonnaise to the yogurt. Add dried fruit of your choice, mix, and keep in the fridge..
- Next day: Cut the kabocha squash into 1-2 cm cubes, put them in a silicone steamer, and cover with a lid. Microwave for 3-4 minutes. If a bamboo skewer goes through the kabocha squash easily, it's ready..
- Combine the yogurt from Step 2 and kabocha squash from Step 3. Add nuts of your choice to taste, lightly mix together, and it's done..
- You can enjoy it as a dessert, salad, bread filling, or however you'd like to. This salad is also tasty without mayonnaise..
- If you would like to have it as a dessert, I recommend using 1 tablespoon of mayonnaise (or even none at all). If you would like to have it as a salad, I recommend using 2 tablespoons of mayonnaise, but adjust the amount to taste..
- I toasted an English muffin, spread it with cream cheese, and topped with this salad. It's sweet, sour, and made me feel happy in the morning..
Sweet golden kabocha squash salad (Japanese pumpkin) with sliced cucumber, crispy bacon, combined with Japanese mayo. Kabocha Salad – The Japanese's Fall Time Favorite. Kabocha has a dull-finished, deep green skin with an intense yellow-orange flesh. Interestingly, winter squash is not actually grown in the winter. Harvested in the fall, winter squashes tend Stuff the halves with cooked vegetables and grains, herbs, nuts, and dried fruits, then Great for: Roasting and stuffing.