Bejeweled Banana Bread with Natural Tea Leaven and Dried Fruits. Great recipe for Bejeweled Banana Bread with Natural Tea Leaven and Dried Fruits. I usually make banana bread with baking powder, but this time I wanted to try making it with a bread starter. This is such a moist banana bread.
I had a long-held dream to make homemade bread with natural leaven. Fresh, juicy, organic & nutritious goodness – our fruits are sourced only from areas known to grow the best quality produce, naturally. There are so many types of dried fruit to play with, you can keep changing up this bread all year long. You can have Bejeweled Banana Bread with Natural Tea Leaven and Dried Fruits using 8 ingredients and 24 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Bejeweled Banana Bread with Natural Tea Leaven and Dried Fruits
- You need 100 grams of ★Natural leaven or bread starter.
- It’s 50 grams of ★Milk.
- It’s 150 grams of Cake flour.
- It’s 2 of Eggs.
- It’s 90 grams of Sugar.
- You need 70 grams of Margarine or butter.
- You need 1 of Banana (ripe, if possible).
- It’s 50 grams of Mixed dried fruits.
Small dried fruit such as cranberries, blueberries, and of course, raisins work well in banana bread. Due to our hectic schedules and lifestyles, we often miss out on some of the basic nutrients of our daily intake which are extremely essential for our body. But now with AbsoluteFruitz Freeze Dried Fruits you can easily meet your daily requirement of fruit intake. If you want to use this fruit for better sleep, you're going to have to make it yourself.
Bejeweled Banana Bread with Natural Tea Leaven and Dried Fruits step by step
- [Preparation] Bring the ingredients to room temperature. It's Spring right now, so it will take about 1~2 hours, I think..
- (★) When you take the starter out of the refrigerator, add it to the milk and then bring to room temperature..
- Mash the ripened banana with a fork. If the banana isn't ripe, then microwave it for about 30 seconds at 500 W, then mash..
- Use a whisk: Knead the margarine until creamy. Add the sugar and mix until white..
- Whip Step 4 to incorporate air into the batter..
- Add the beaten egg into Step 4 in 2~3 portions, mixing well with each addition. When it reaches a smooth, creamy consistency, add Step 3 and mix well..
- It's okay if the banana separates! When you add the dry ingredients, it will all come together..
- Divide the dry ingredients into 2~3 portions and sift into the batter one portion at a time, mixing well with each addition..
- You can buy a sifter at the dollar store! It's quite useful!.
- Continue mixing until no longer powdery..
- Use a spatula: fold in the dry fruits..
- I used these dried fruits from Mama Pan..
- Mix the leaven and milk from Step 2. Mix until blended..
- Add Step 13 to Step 11 and use a rubber spatula to blend it all together..
- [Prepare the pan] Line the baking pan with kitchen parchment paper..
- You can use tape to secure the lining..
- Pour Step 14 into the cake pan. Tap the sides 2~3 times and drop onto the table a couple times to release air bubbles..
- Cut off the excess parchment paper. Cover in plastic wrap and put in a warm place for a while..
- After about 8 minutes, the batter should have expand. Next, bake in an oven at 180°C for 20 minutes, then reduce the heat to 170°C and bake for an additional 10 minutes..
- The baking times are just a suggestion, so please adjust according to your oven..
- When a toothpick or skewer inserted in the center comes out clean, it's ready! If you need to bake it longer, check on it every 5 minutes..
- Once baked, drop the pan onto a table from about 15 cm up, then remove from the pan. Cool while still wrapped in the parchment paper..
- Once cooled, remove the parchment paper and wrap tightly with plastic wrap to store (so that it doesn't dry out)..
- You can eat it right away if you like, but if you let it sit wrapped overnight, it will be even more delicious!.
Banana tea bags are not sold by anyone, at least not yet. Fortunately, it's a super easy and cheap homemade recipe. The prep only takes a minute. It's just the boiling which takes a while. Buy Organic Meridian Morello Cherry (no added sugar) Fruit Spread.