Sundakkai vathakulambu Dried Turkey Berry vathakulambu. Sundakkai vathal kuzhambu recipe – How to make dried turkey berry vatha kuzhambu. You can replace sundakkai vathal with manathakkali vathal, vendakkai. vatha kuzhambu recipe with step by step pics. one of the simplest recipe i make at times is vatha kulambu. this vathal kuzhambu recipe and method Apart from manathakkali kuzhambu recipe, I also use the same recipe and make it with sun dried turkey berries (sundakkai). Sundakkai (turkey berry) vathal kuzhambu and a simple beans coconut stir fry was our lunch few days back.
Spicy Tamil style vathal kuzhambu / kara kuzhambu recipe made without coconut. The fresh berries are soaked in a salt-buttermilk mixture for couple of days and then dried and stored for making curries. Its easily available in Indian grocery stores or online. You can cook Sundakkai vathakulambu Dried Turkey Berry vathakulambu using 20 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Sundakkai vathakulambu Dried Turkey Berry vathakulambu
- It’s 2 tbsp of Dried Turkey berries.
- You need 2 of medium sized onion.
- Prepare 5 of garlic pods.
- It’s 1 of small size tomato.
- Prepare 1 tsp of red chilli powder.
- You need 1 tsp of coriander powder.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of turmeric powder.
- Prepare 2 tsp of gingelly oil.
- Prepare 1 of Small lemon size tamarind ball.
- Prepare 10 of curry leaves.
- It’s 4 of fenugreek seeds.
- Prepare To taste of Salt.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of mustard seeds.
- It’s of For special vatha kulambu powder.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of cumin seeds.
- It’s 2 of dried red chilies.
- It’s 1 tsp of urad dal.
- You need 1 tsp of chana dal.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of peppercorns.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Coriander seeds.
I love Sundakkai in Kuzhambu n one of my fav dish ever.! I learnt this authentic South Indian speciality from my MIL.! This delicious kuzhambu can be prepared with both fresh sundakkai ( Turkey berries ) or dried ones.!! The dried ones are prepared by soaking the fresh berries in yoghurd and.
Sundakkai vathakulambu Dried Turkey Berry vathakulambu instructions
- Dry roast the ingredients listed in the vathal kulambu powder sections and grind it into a powder.
- Heat oil in a Kadai and fry the dried turkey berries for a minute remove it and keep it aside.
- Soak tamarind in hot water for 10 minutes and strain the tamarind water and keep it aside.
- In the oil add mustard seeds, fenugreek,curry leaves and garlic in it. Next, add chopped onions and fry it till it turns translucent in colour.
- Next add chopped tomato in it and mix it..
- Once the tomato turns soft add the turkey berries and mix it.
- Add chilli powder, turmeric powder, coriander powder and salt mix it well, next add the tamarind water and cook it.
- Cook it for 10 minutes and garnish it with coriander leaves and serve it hot.
Ingredients: Dried Turkery Berry Dried, Salt. Item Form: Dried, Container Type: Pack. Ingredients: Dried Turkery Berry Dried, Salt. Directions: Deep fry in Oil and consume as side dish for porridge & curd rice. Health Benefits of Sundakkai Vathal / Dried Turkey Berry.