Dried Plum Chutney. Find Deals on Plum Chutney in Pantry Staples on Amazon. This spicy fruit chutney is a delicious mix of tangy and sweet-sour-spicy flavors all in one! Our easy from-scratch dried plum chutney recipe is an absolute favorite and so easy to make.
Apple, Plum & Apricot Chutney At I Heart Cooking Clubs , where we are discovering the joys of Indian cooking with Madhur Jaffrey , our theme this week is "Relishes, Chutneys and Pickles". With Christmas looming large, my thoughts are turning to putting aside a bit of a stash of edible goodies for Christmas gifts, and I thought Madhur's Apple. Onion, red plums, and dried cranberries combine to create a decadent condiment perfect for the winter months. You can cook Dried Plum Chutney using 9 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Dried Plum Chutney
- It’s 3 cup of Water.
- You need 1 cup of Plum.
- You need 1 of and 1/2 cup Sugar.
- You need 1/4 of (tablespoon)Red chilli powder.
- It’s 2 pinch of Salt.
- You need 2 of (tablespoon) Vinegar.
- Prepare 2 of (tablespoon)Melon Seeds.
- You need 10-12 of Almond boiled(Chopped).
- Prepare 15-20 of pistatio(Chopped).
Brown sugar, cider vinegar, grated fresh ginger, black mustard seeds, and salt give the chutney its spicy-sweet flavor. This spiced, deep-hued chutney would make a lovely accompaniment for. Homemade plum sauce is made from plums, ginger, garlic, brown sugar, red pepper flakes, and apple cider vinegar. Made with plums, raisins, cider and malt vinegars, and just enough muscovado sugar to sweeten and thicken the preserve, this chutney puts all of those jars languishing in fridge doors to shame.
Dried Plum Chutney step by step
- Sub say pehlay water may plum dalein or us ko pakayen phir us may sugar,red chilli powder,salt,vinegar daal Kar 5-10 minute pakatay rahen low flame pay.
- Phir us may melon Seeds,almond or pistatio dall Kar pakayen 10-15 minute.
- Jub wo garha ho Jaye to phir serving plate may daal Kar serve karen.
At once spicy, sweet, and tangy it plays well not only on a cheese board, but also piled on leftover roast pork and smeared on a turkey sandwich. In our backyard, there is a plum tree and it went crazy last season and we had oodles of plums. I was looking for ways to use the fruit and found this delicious recipe for chutney that came from the Red Castle Inn B&B in Nevada City, CA. I gave three of the jars away as Christmas gifts and it was a hit! Dried plums, or prunes, are known for improving several health conditions, including constipation and osteoporosis.