Sun-dried Mango Pickle [ Ada manga Achar]. The Malayalam word "ada manga" means dried mango. The Adamanga pickle is a delicious and different taste from the normal raw mango pickle. Its specialty is the dried, sour and salted texture and taste of ada manga.
The Adamanga pickle is delicious and totally different taste from the normal raw mango pickle. It's specialty is the dried, sour and salted texture and taste of ada manga. In Kerala during the mango season, most of the people store/preserve sun dried salted mango slices for future uses. You can cook Sun-dried Mango Pickle [ Ada manga Achar] using 11 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Sun-dried Mango Pickle [ Ada manga Achar]
- It’s 125 gm of Sun-dried mango/ Ada manga.
- You need 8-10 pods of garlic.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of red chilli powder [ adjust as per taste].
- You need 1 tsp of fenugreek powder.
- It’s 1 tsp of Asafoetida [hing].
- It’s 1 sprig of curry leaves.
- You need 3 of dried red chilies.
- You need 15 gm of jaggery [optional].
- It’s 1 tsp of mustard seeds.
- Prepare As needed of oil.
- Prepare To taste of salt.
Dried Mango Pickle – Adamanga achar. Today we are going to make Dried Mango Pickle which we can keep for a long time. There are many varieties of mango pickles, some are well known. This is an easy pickle recipe made out of sun dried raw mangoes.
Sun-dried Mango Pickle [ Ada manga Achar] step by step
- Melt jaggery in a cup of water and strain impurities..
- In a pan heat the oil and splutter mustard seeds..
- Add sliced garlic, red chilli, and curry leaves and lightly brown the garlic pieces.
- Now add chilli powder, fenugreek powder, and asafoetida and fry..
- Immediately add melted jaggery and 2 cups of water, bring it to boil..
- Now add Adamanga / dried mango and add salt [ Adamanga has salt in it so adjust salt accordingly], and cook it for 45- 50 minutes, until they become really soft..
- The spice mix should really coat the mango slices..
- Let it cool and transfer to a jar..
- Notes: Raw mangoes are sliced with peels on then marinate in salt and chilli powder mixture and dry it in the sun for 10-12 days, you will get the drool-worthy adamanga. Adamangas can be preserved for 2-3 years if kept in airtight jars. This adamanga pickle will go with any type of Indian rice varieties, chapathi,paratha etc.
You can use any unripe mangoes to make this pickle. Ada Manga Achar (Dry Mango Pickle) Pickle Mango Recipe Mango Curry Mango Recipes Dry Well Coriander Powder Sun Dried Recipe Today Chutney. Today Recipe is Mango vathal or Mangai vathal Firstly you have to choose the slightly ripe Mangoes. Which tastes good for making Sun dried Mango.