Khubani /Qubani ka Meetha. The Khubani ka Meetha is ready now. Serve Khubani ka Meetha, warm or chilled, plain or with some whipped cream. Qubani ka meetha is an Indian sweet made from dried apricots originating from Hyderabad.
Khubani Ka Meetha is an authentic hyderabadi delicacy made with dried apricots and is a traditional dessert often served here during occasions like weddings. Khubani or qubani or khobani is an urdu term for apricots. Apricots should be soaked overnight to make this scrumptious dessert. You can have Khubani /Qubani ka Meetha using 3 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Khubani /Qubani ka Meetha
- You need 250 gms of dried apricots/khubani.
- Prepare 5-6 tbsp of sugar – adjust.
- Prepare of Apricot seeds/Chopped Almonds to garnish.
Here is the very simple, easy & tasty Hyderbad Special Dessert Khubani or Qubani ka Meetha. Khubani ka Meetha is a super-tasty dessert of. Yes, everyone knows that Hyderabadi biryanis are delicious but wait till you try Hyderabadi desserts? Khubani ka Meetha is a super-tasty dessert of stewed dried apricots, nuts, and cream.
Khubani /Qubani ka Meetha instructions
- Wash and soak the apricots in water overnight.Remove the seeds from the soaked apricots..
- Break open the seed shell and we find badam like kernels inside.Set the apricot kernels aside in a bowl.Discard the shells of the seeds.. In case you are using pitted apricots then substitute apricot seeds with almonds.
- Heat apricots with it's soaked water in a pan.
- Cook the apricots on low flame until they are soft and mushy..
- Mash the cooked apricots lightly..
- Add sugar and cook until sugar is dissolved fully..
- You can completely mash the apricots or leave some bit to munch on. Switch off..
- Add apricot seeds or chopped almonds and mix well.
- This dish is best served with custard or cream or ice-cream. best served cold.
Khubani ka meetha is a very popular dessert of Hyderabadi cuisine. Khubani ka Meetha is a loved and most savoured, Hyderabadi Dessert recipe. This heavenly delicacy is prepared using simple ingredients like dried apricots, sugar and perfectly flavoured with rose water and saffrons strands. This Delectable Dessert was originally served and savoured by The Royals. Preparation of the dish involves boiling apricots with syrup until they assume the consistency of a thick.