Persian chicken and dried apricot stew. When it comes to khoresht, or Persian stew, no matter the ingredients, the idea is to create a dish in which hot, sour and sweet flavours are in balance. This khoresht, made with chicken, prunes and apricots, is one of my favourites. It's a bit of an investment, but a pinch goes.
Using aromatic spices such as saffron, cinnamon and turmeric makes stew taste very good and rich flavored. This Persian chicken and apricot stew is resident cook Sabrina Ghayour's homage to 'Mama Gohar' – her great aunt – and her supreme cooking ability Her ghormeh sabzi – a braised lamb, herb, kidney bean and dried lime stew withwhich enjoys cult status among Iranians – was my absolute favourite.. How to make chicken with apricots. You can cook Persian chicken and dried apricot stew using 10 ingredients and 18 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Persian chicken and dried apricot stew
- You need 200 g of diced chicken meat.
- It’s 200 g of soft dried apricot, halved.
- You need 2 of medium onions, thinly sliced.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of cinnamon powder.
- You need 1/2 tsp of turmeric.
- It’s 2 tbs of vinegar.
- You need 2 tbs of sugar.
- You need 1 tbs of saffron water.
- You need Pinch of salt and chili powder.
- You need of Olive oil.
Cut the chicken breast into bitesize pieces. This recipe can be made with lamb or chicken and other fruits such as sour cherries and plums. I used Granny Smith apples because they are firm, tart, juicy and hold The necessary ingredients for advieh with the exact measurements are listed below in the recipe. Persian Apple Stew with Dried Apricot.
Persian chicken and dried apricot stew instructions
- In a pan, heat the oil. Add onions and saute until soft..
- Then, add cinnamon- turmeric and chilli powder to the onion and saute for 1 minute..
- Add diced chicken meat and cook for 6-5 minutes. Remove from the heat and set aside..
- In a bowl with 1 ½ cups of water, add saffron water, vinegar and sugar..
- Mix well and dissolve sugar..
- Transfer fried ingredients and halved apricots to the pot, add sugar-vinegar mixture to the pot..
- Simmer gently for about 25 minutes. Once it is ready serve it with rice..
Here, chicken is stewed until tender with onions, saffron, ginger, and pepper. The dish is then topped with apricots and a honey-cinnamon syrup. If desired, remove the skin from the chicken. Combine the spices in a large bowl, add the chicken, and toss to evenly coat the chicken pieces with the spices. Taste, adjust the seasonings and serve in bowls garnished with parsley.