Dried Figs Dates and Nuts Roll. Dry Figs Dates & Nuts Roll Recipe. As I said before I never thought I will come this far and this happened due to all the wonderful blogger friends and readers. Dried Figs Roll Recipe Food Website Indian Food Recipes Baking Recipes Dates A Food Rolls Vegetarian.
Figs Nuts Breakfast Dessert Hiking Granola Bars Healthy Vegetarian Almonds Hazelnut Superfoods Lunch Snack Kid Friendly DIY Fall Winter Medium. Stir together flour, cocoa powder, orange zest, fennel seeds, cinnamon, and cloves in a large bowl until evenly mixed. Add nuts and figs and stir to. You can have Dried Figs Dates and Nuts Roll using 7 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Dried Figs Dates and Nuts Roll
- You need 200 grams of Figs / Anjir.
- Prepare 200 grams of Dates / Khajur.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of Almonds.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of Walnuts.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of Pistachios.
- It’s 2 tbsp. of Poppy seeds / Khus Khus.
- Prepare 1 tbsp. of Ghee.
Do you think that dried figs could be substituted for the dates? Thank you for all your wonderful recipes. The Best Dessert Dried Fig Recipes on Yummly These dates ladoos are so easy to make that I almost make Add in some Choco chips, cocoa bits, desiccated coconut, copra, dried figs, apricots or raisins.
Dried Figs Dates and Nuts Roll instructions
- Wash the figs thoroughly and them soak them in warm water for 30 minutes minutes. This step not only cleans the figs but also softens them which eases in their chopping and grinding..
- Drain the water from the figs. Wipe them with kitchen towel and chop them..
- Deseed the dates and chop them finely..
- Using a food processor or grinder pulse the chopped dates and figs to a paste without adding any water..
- In a wok, heat ghee on a medium flame. Lower the flame and add the chopped nuts and shallow fry them until fragrant..
- Add poppy seeds to the nuts and stir fry for few seconds..
- Add the figs and dates mixture to the nuts and poppy seeds.
- Mix well and put off the flame..
- Let the mixture cool down enough to handle. Now roll the mixture using an aluminium foil to a thick long log(cylinder shape). Wrap the log completely with the aluminium sheet or cling film..
- Refrigerate the log for 4-5 hours or overnight so that it becomes firm and hard enough to be cut into roundels..
- Cut the roll into roundels of desired thickness using a sharp knife. These roundels can be stored at room temperature for 10- 15 days and up to a month on refrigeration..
Mix dates and nuts well. or Together blend them in the blender. Take small portions and roll them to balls. Date Nut Roll is a traditional Southern candy, especially around the holidays. My Grandmother's recipe is easy to follow and a family-favorite. But mostly, I think of my Daddy whose favorite Christmas candy was this Date Nut Roll that Grandmother made each year and I am thankful for the life he lived.