Persian Chicken stew with dried apricots. When it comes to khoresht, or Persian stew, no matter the ingredients, the idea is to create a dish in which hot, sour and sweet flavours are in balance. This khoresht, made with chicken, prunes and apricots, is one of my favourites. It's a bit of an investment, but a pinch goes.
Using aromatic spices such as saffron, cinnamon and turmeric makes stew taste very good and rich flavored. This recipe can be made with lamb or chicken and other fruits such as sour cherries and plums. I used Granny Smith apples because they are firm, tart, juicy and hold The necessary ingredients for advieh with the exact measurements are listed below in the recipe. You can have Persian Chicken stew with dried apricots using 10 ingredients and 17 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Persian Chicken stew with dried apricots
- It’s 200 g of diced chicken meat.
- It’s 200 g of soft dried apricot, halved.
- It’s 2 of medium onions, thinly sliced.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of cinnamon powder.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of turmeric.
- It’s 2 tbs of vinegar.
- It’s 2 tbs of sugar.
- Prepare 1 tbs of saffron water.
- It’s Pinch of salt and chili powder.
- You need of Olive oil.
Persian Apple Stew with Dried Apricot. How to make chicken with apricots. Cut the chicken breast into bitesize pieces. This Persian chicken and apricot stew is resident cook Sabrina Ghayour's homage to 'Mama Gohar' – her great aunt – and her supreme cooking ability Her ghormeh sabzi – a braised lamb, herb, kidney bean and dried lime stew withwhich enjoys cult status among Iranians – was my absolute favourite.
Persian Chicken stew with dried apricots instructions
- In a pan, heat the oil. Add onions and cook until soft..
- Then, add cinnamon- turmeric and chili powder to the onion and saute for 1 minute.
- Add diced chicken meat and cook for 6-5 minutes. Remove from the heat and set aside..
- In a bowl with 1 ½ cups of water, add saffron water, vinegar and sugar..
- Mix well and dissolve sugar..
- Transfer fried ingredients and halved apricots to the pot, add sugar-vinegar mixture to the pot..
- Simmer gently for about 25 minutes. Once it is ready serve it with rice. Hope you enjoy this tasty stew..
Meanwhile my chicken is frying I am going to make my plum sauce. To some oil heating in a pan I add some tomato paste and fry it for a couple of minutes then I Then I add my dried plums to the sauce I add a couple of dried apricots to the stew which makes it so much better however it is optional. With chicken thighs, bulgur, chickpeas and dried apricots, it comes together to produce an Americanized version that is a super one-pot dinner, fast enough for a weeknight despite the long ingredient list, and infinitely variable. Here is a stew made for fall! This Chicken Stew with Walnut and Pomegranate Sauce recipe is a classic preparation in Persian cooking, going by the name "Fesenjan".