Mixed Rice with Dried Shrimp for Cherry Blossom Viewing. For cherry blossom viewing (Hanami), make these popular spring-theme foods and go picnic under cherry trees! Cherry blossom season is a really big ordeal in Japan since This bright and colorful dish is made of sushi rice with a variety of vegetables mixed in, and toppings sprinkled over the top. Cherry Shrimp:These are known as regular cherry shrimp and are the lowest grade of Neocaridina heteropoda They tend to be mainly clear in color with red patches.
This is quick, easy, and you can customize it to your taste. Photo "Rice mixed with shrimp paste" can be used for personal and commercial purposes according to the conditions of the purchased Royalty-free license. Pineapple Shrimp Fried Rice has a delicious flavor combination of savory, sweet and spicy. You can have Mixed Rice with Dried Shrimp for Cherry Blossom Viewing using 4 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Mixed Rice with Dried Shrimp for Cherry Blossom Viewing
- It’s 700 grams of White rice.
- Prepare 1 bunch of Dried sakura shrimp.
- It’s 400 ml of Kombu based dashi stock.
- You need 1 dash of Rock salt.
This shrimp fried rice dish is inspired by a Malaysian restaurant I used to frequent before they closed down. I made this with chicken and a garlic Near East multi grain blend mix, it turned out excellent. This easy shrimp fried rice is restaurant-quality (or better!). Fresh or frozen shrimp are quickly stir-fried with garlic and onions.
Mixed Rice with Dried Shrimp for Cherry Blossom Viewing step by step
- In a rice cooker, add the rinsed rice and the kombu dashi (Japanese soup stock). Add about 1 rounded teaspoon of rock salt to taste. If you taste a hint of salt in the dashi, it's the right amount..
- Add a generous amount of cherry shrimp to the rice cooker (I added a handful), then press start. The amount should almost appear like too much..
- When the rice is done cooking, mix it gently, and steam it for a while. Now you have colorful cherry shrimp rice!.
Now, using your fingers, mix the oil into the rice and separate the clumps, until the rice has returned into more or less individual grains. Side view of boiled rice with meat and cherries. Sweet Cherry Blossom Party Food For dessert, sakura mochi is a type of wagashi (traditional Japanese sweet), enjoyed during hanami season. Once the sun goes down, you're in for a cherry blossom viewing treat! Sakura are often illuminated with hanging lanterns well into the evening.