Duck breast with Indian spice rub on cauliflower coconut puree. Transfer the cauliflower and half of the reduced cream to a food processor and process until smooth. Add salt and pepper to taste. If you want a thinner puree, add more cream.
Heat the pan to medium heat; place the duck fat side down into the pan. Tender duck breasts are served with crispy cauliflower florets seasoned with aromatic five spice. Best of all, this easy recipe requires just four ingredients Put in a roasting tray and drizzle over the olive oil, then sprinkle with the Chinese five spice. You can cook Duck breast with Indian spice rub on cauliflower coconut puree using 17 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Duck breast with Indian spice rub on cauliflower coconut puree
- It’s of Duck.
- You need 1 of duck breast.
- You need 1 tbs of garam masala powder.
- It’s 1 tbs of turmeric powder.
- Prepare 1 tbs of coriander powder.
- You need 1 tsp of cinnamon powder.
- You need to taste of salt.
- It’s of Puree.
- It’s 1 of medium cauliflower, chopped into small chunks (about 5 cups or so).
- It’s 1 cup of coconut milk.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of coriander seeds.
- You need 1/2 tsp of yellow mustard seeds.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of cumin seeds.
- You need 1 1/2-2 tbs of minced ginger.
- You need 1 1/2-2 tbs of minced garlic.
- It’s 2 tbs of coconut oil.
- Prepare to taste of salt and pepper.
The top countries of suppliers are Russian Federation. Marinate duck breasts with red curry paste and lime, then serve with coconut rice, peas and beansprouts for a healthy weeknight dinner. Indian spice roasted cauliflower is healthy, easy, and delicious. This recipe for Indian spice roasted cauliflower represents one of the home cook's most valued things: a simple, easy, and deliciously different vegetable side dish.
Duck breast with Indian spice rub on cauliflower coconut puree instructions
- Bring the duck breast up to room temperature, pat it dry, score the skin in a cross-hatch pattern, then season both sides with the salt and all the spices. rubbing them into the skin and meat. Let it sit..
- In a saute pan over medium heat, heat one tbs of the coconut oil, then put in the coriander, mustard, and cumin seeds to bloom them. Once the spices are fragrant, add the ginger and garlic and cook until fragrant, about 30-60 seconds,.
- Add the cauliflower to the pan, season with salt and pepper, and saute until tender and just starting to turn color (you may want to add some more oil). Mix in the pan so that the cauliflower is evenly coated with oil and spices..
- Pour in the coconut milk and let it all cook until the milk is completely absorbed by the cauliflower. Remove from stove and set aside..
- In a cold pan, add a tiny bit of oil or duck fat, put the heat on medium, and lay the duck breast in the pan, skin side down (apparently, this helps the fat to render better). It should soon start to give a bacon-like sizzle. Let it cook until brown, crisp, and the fat has rendered — for me, this was about five minutes. Then turn it over and cook the meat side, for about two minutes or so..
- While the duck cooks, puree the cooked cauliflower in a blender. Spoon onto a plate (feel free to do something more creative and attractive with it than I did, I suck at plating)..
- Remove the duck breast, let it rest for just a few minutes, then slice and lay on top of the cauliflower. I garnished with fresh mint and with yogurt that I dusted with a bit of garam masala. You might want to dust the duck itself with a bit of garam masala after you slice it if you want a stronger flavor..
This Indian-inspired recipe features a spicy whole-roasted head of cauliflower, cut into wedges, and served Set the cauliflower on the baking sheet. Add yogurt to a small bowl and whisk in the spices, lemon In a large saute pan, melt the coconut oil over medium heat. I've created a lightened up, dairy-free Chicken Tikka Masala with Cauliflower and Peas in the Instant Pot to satisfy my craving for Indian food! This mild curry is made with boneless chicken thighs cooked in a tomato base, with lots of spices and coconut milk. The spiced-rubbed breast is finished with an orange-blackberry glaze.