Duck Breasts with Blackberry-Corn Relish. In a small bowl, soak the cherries in the dark rum or cognac. Place the duck breasts, skin side down, in the pan. Duck Breasts with Blackberry-Corn Relish This recipe was inspired by heavily laden blackberry bushes in the yard, and the last of the fresh corn.
Amanda Freitag, known for her role as a judge on Chopped, joins Ming in his loft for some home cooked favorites. Amanda will be cooking Duck Breast with Pine Nut Relish, followed by Ming who does a Tea-Smoked Duck Breast with Gingered Peaches and Watercress Salad. Generously season both sides of each breast with salt and pepper. You can have Duck Breasts with Blackberry-Corn Relish using 19 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Duck Breasts with Blackberry-Corn Relish
- It’s 2 of boneless, skin-on duck breasts.
- You need of Marinade:.
- You need 1/4 cup of blackberries.
- Prepare of (Optional sugar to taste if the blackberries aren’t sweet enough).
- It’s Dash of white wine.
- Prepare Dash of sherry vinegar.
- Prepare of Small glug of olive oil.
- Prepare 1 clove of garlic, chopped.
- It’s Pinch of kosher salt.
- You need of Few grinds of black pepper.
- Prepare of Corn-blackberry salsa:.
- It’s 1 cup of fresh corn kernels.
- It’s 1 cup of (or a bit more) fresh blackberries.
- It’s 1 Tbsp of diced shallot.
- It’s Sprig of fresh thyme, leaves crushed.
- It’s 2 Tbsp of diced red bell pepper.
- You need of Healthy spoonful of sambal oelek.
- It’s of Big squeeze of lime juice to taste.
- You need Pinch of sugar if too tart or sour.
The relish can be made up to a week ahead and stored in the fridge. Using a sharp knife, slash the fat of the duck breasts in a criss-cross, cutting almost through to the flesh. Rub the skin with salt and five-spice powder. Heat a heavy-based frying pan, until you can feel a gentle heat, then place the duck, skin-side down.
Duck Breasts with Blackberry-Corn Relish step by step
- Crush all marinade ingredients in mortar and pestle. Place breasts and marinade in sealable plastic bag for about 2 hours before grilling..
- Mix all relish ingredients together and adjust to taste..
- Grill the duck breasts. We grill the duck over a deadfall Madrona wood fire, but any grill, wood or other will do. Grilling time will depend upon size of breasts and preference. We grill to about 135º, flipping once midway through..
- Slice the duck breasts and serve with the relish..
Remove duck from pan to cutting board and slice thinly against the grain. Serve immediately, passing extra balsamic vinegar for drizzling if desired. Find Duck ideas, recipes & cooking techniques for all levels from Bon Appétit, where food and culture meet. Place duck breasts, skin side down, in a large, cold sauté pan. Place pan over low to medium-low heat.