Asian Style Roasted Duck. This authentic recipe for Cantonese roast duck will make the shiny, reddish-brown-skinned poultry seen hanging in the windows of many Asian markets. It has crackling-crisp skin that comes from air drying the duck (which will take at least four hours) prior to roasting it, so plan accordingly. Chinese Style Roast Duck (烤鴨) There are so many different ways to roast a duck.
This Chinese roast duck recipe I am going to share how to use an oven to roast a duck at home. Duck maybe blanched ahead of time and kept uncovered in the refrigerator until required. Chinese Style Roast Duck Juicy duck with prizzed flavorful skin, in its own drippings. You can have Asian Style Roasted Duck using 9 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Asian Style Roasted Duck
- Prepare 1 of duck.
- You need 1 tbsp of salt.
- It’s 2 tbsp of freshly grounded black pepper.
- Prepare 6 clove of garlic.
- It’s 3 tbsp of hoisin sauce.
- It’s 1 tbsp of soy sauce.
- It’s 2 clove of ginger.
- It’s 2 medium of onion.
- Prepare 1/3 cup of honey.
This takes time to make, as you need to overnight in the refrigerator. Also, Maltose or malt sugar is the key ingredient that gives sweetness and a lacquered caramel glaze to the skin. Find it in Chinese food stores. Chinese style duck leg is easy to make.
Asian Style Roasted Duck step by step
- Wash, cut and separate the duck..
- Add salt and pepper, give it a good mix..
- Ginger and garlic paste: Roughly chop the ginger and the garlic and make a paste out of it. Add the paste to the duck and give it a mix. Make sure to distribute the pasteall over the pieces..
- Add 3 tablespoons of hoisin sauce and 1 tablespoon of soy sauce (this is the the best proportion for this recipe).
- Roughly chop the onions and throw them in the mix..
- Give the duck and company a final good mix, cover and refrigerate over night..
- Pre-heat the oven on high heat, cover the recipient with foil and put them in the oven(i recommend to let the duck to get to the room temperature before going into the oven).
- Place the duck in the oven and reduce the temperature to medium low and leave it there for 2:10-2:30 hours, depending on the size of the duck..
- Take it out and remove some of the liquids if necesary. Drizzle with honey and put it back in the oven, this time, uncovered..
- Let the duck in the over at medium low temperature for 10-15 minutes..
It is mainly made with duck legs and various Chinese spices, which is very suitable for making at home. Its tastes are firm, chewy and no odor. Chinese style duck leg is rich in a variety of trace elements and amino acids, and has the effects of warming the body and keeping fit. Once that you've roasted a duck Chinese-style, you'll understand that it's not that hard. You do all the prep work in advance and at the end, you slide it into the oven for roasting.