Juicee's Roasted stuffed duck w/ orange sauce. Delicious and easy to make this is elegant dining at its best, whether you call it Duck a l'orange or just roast duck with an orange sauce you will be. Add the refreshing taste of orange to your roast duckling. This recipe is sure to become a holiday favorite in your home.
Roasted Duck Legs with Zesty Orange Sauce. For the Orange Sauce: While chicken is roasting, make sauce: In small saucepan, bring wine vinegar and orange juice, orange zest and garlic to a boil over medium-high heat Want to be the first one to receive the new stuff? Make a stuffing of the remaining ingredients and stuff into the duck. You can cook Juicee's Roasted stuffed duck w/ orange sauce using 15 ingredients and 14 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Juicee's Roasted stuffed duck w/ orange sauce
- It’s 8 cup of Prepared bread stuffing.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of Chopped onion.
- You need 1/2 cup of Melted butter.
- You need 2 tbsp of Grated orange peel.
- You need 1 cup of Fresh orange juice.
- It’s 1 of 5 lb. duck.
- You need 1 of Orange sauce (recipe below).
- Prepare 2 of Oranges sliced & halved.
- You need of Fresh orange sauce.
- You need 1 cup of Firmly packed brown sugar.
- It’s 2 tbsp of Corn starch.
- You need 1/2 tsp of Salt.
- Prepare 4 tsp of Grated orange peel.
- Prepare 2 cup of Orange juice.
- You need 1 cup of Water.
Sew up the incision and truss. Place the duck on a rack in roasting pan and Cook, stirring constantly until the sauce thickens, and lastly add the orange rind. A five pound duck will serve only four persons because there is much. Place orange quarters inside duck and place in a shallow roasting pan.
Juicee's Roasted stuffed duck w/ orange sauce instructions
- Preheat oven to 325° F.
- Marinade duck overnight in heavily salted water..
- After marinading, take duck out & rinse all the salt water off. Be sure to remove the neck & giblets from the inner cavity..
- Pat dry with paper towels. Season with salt, pepper & garlic powder if desired..
- Prepare stuffing/ using oven toasted chunks of ur favourite bread (I use italian) break into chunks..
- Combine bread, onion, butter, grated orange peel, & orange juice (I also add a generous amount of sage, cuz I like traditional taste of stuffing); mix together well.
- Stuff duck with mixture, packing lightly. With skewers or poultry pins fasten neck skin to back & close body opening over the stuffing lacing togetger tightly with cotton butchers twine.
- Place duck breast side up in a shallow roasting pan fitted with a rack. No basting is necessary.
- Roast for 2& 3/4 to 3 hours or until a thermometer inserted into breast reads about 150° F (thats for a still rosey medium rare) internal temperature of 180° F would be well, inserted into the thigh.
- Remove duck from oven & allow the meat to REST BEFORE CARVING, for at least 20 minutes allowing the juices to circulate through the meat. If u carve right away all the juices will run out….
- Pút duck on a serving platter & pour some of the orange sauce over ít.
- Halve the duck lengthwise & crosswise using kitchen shears & a sharp knife. Garnish with orange half cartwheels. Serve with the rest of the orange sauce..
- Directions for orange sauce.
- Combine brown sugar, corn starch & salt in saucepan. Stir in grated orange peel, OJ & water. Cook over low heat, stirring constantly, until thickened & transparent about 10 minutes. Makes 3 cups.
Add herbs and cook for five minutes, stirring occasionally. Löydä HD-arkistokuvia ja miljoonia muita rojaltivapaita arkistovalokuvia, -kuvituskuvia ja -vektoreita Shutterstockin kokoelmasta hakusanalla Roasted Duck Breast Orange Sauce. Loosely stuff duck with stuffing mixture. Skewer neck opening; tie drumsticks together with kitchen string. Place breast side up on a rack in a large shallow I needed an orange sauce in a pinch as my duck was already almost done roasting.