Chilli and Orange Duck. A twist to the usual orange duck or mandarin duck. Aromatic, crisp skinned duck in a sticky, sweet and spicy citrus sauce that glows on the plate. Combine the orange rind and juice, sugar, ginger, chilli, star anise, cinnamon sticks, sweet chilli sauce, fish sauce, vinegar and red wine in a saucepan.
Tender duck paired with a chilli, orange sauce is a real winner! Learn how to make this at Tesco Real Food. Put the sweet chilli sauce in a pan with the orange juice and heat gently until combined and glossy. You can cook Chilli and Orange Duck using 19 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Chilli and Orange Duck
- You need 3 of strips of orange rind.
- Prepare 2 kg of whole duck.
- Prepare 2 of sprigs of fresh mint.
- Prepare 2 clove of of garlic.
- Prepare 60 ml of orange juice.
- You need 3 tsp of plain flour.
- Prepare 180 ml of chicken stock.
- Prepare 2 medium of oranges, peeled and cut into segments.
- You need 2 tbsp of chopped fresh mint.
- You need 80 ml of orange juice (extra).
- Prepare of Chilli Paste.
- Prepare 2 clove of garlic, crushed.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of paprika.
- Prepare 2 tsp of chilli pepper.
- You need 3 tsp of ground cumin.
- Prepare 2 tsp of ground coriander.
- It’s 2 tsp of achiote paste.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of tequila.
- You need 2 tbsp of orange juice.
Garnish the duck platter with the reserved orange sections and scatter the blanched zest over the ducks. Carve the ducks at the table and. Place the orange half inside the duck, pushing towards the neck end to help support the breast. Add the bay leaves and onion wedges.
Chilli and Orange Duck step by step
- Preheat oven to 200'c.
- Prick duck all over with fork. Place rind, mint and garlic inside duck. Place duck on wire rack in baking dish. Bake uncovered for 30 minutes..
- Pour fat from dish. Rub duck all over with chilli paste, reduce heat to 180'c, and bake uncovered for a further 50 minutes, or until duck is tender. Brush occasionally with orange juice. Cover duck with foil if over-browning..
- Remove duck from dish. Keep warm..
- Pour 80ml of juice from inside duck into jug..
- Stir flour with sufficient duck fat over heat in saucepan until lightly browned. Slowly stir in combined reserved duck juices, extra orange juice and chicken stock. Stir over heat until sauce boils and thickens..
- Stir in orange segments and mint and remove from heat. Serve sauce with duck..
Take the duck out of the oven and carefully take the rack off the roasting tin using oven gloves to hold it. Tip any fat that has collected in the tin into a heatproof bowl. Stir in the chilli, orange zest and vinegar and bring back to a simmer. Discard the cinnamon stick and star anise before serving. Place the duck on top, then spoon the sauce over.