Duck A L'Orange. Duck à l'orange, orange duck, or canard à l'orange is a French dish in cuisine bourgeoise consisting of a roast duck with a bigarade sauce. Another dish called canard à l'orange is a braised rather than roasted. In that case, it is cooked until spoon-tender.
Learn how to make an Orange Duck Recipe! I hope you enjoy this easy Duck Breast a l'Orange Recipe! Because a single duck rarely has enough meat to feed more than two or three people, Jacques Pépin prepares two ducks side by side when serving this classic dish to guests. You can have Duck A L'Orange using 28 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Duck A L'Orange
- Prepare 4 medium of Duck Breast skin on.
- You need of Dry Rub.
- You need 2 tbsp of Sea Salt.
- Prepare 1 1/2 tbsp of Course Black Pepper.
- You need 1/2 tbsp of Adobo.
- Prepare 2 tsp of Onion powder.
- It’s 2 tsp of Garlic powder.
- Prepare 2 tsp of Season Salt.
- You need 2 tsp of Raw Sugar.
- It’s 1 tsp of Smoked Paprika.
- You need 3/4 tsp of Dry Thyme Leaves.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of Marjoram.
- You need 1/2 tsp of Cumin.
- You need 1/2 tsp of Ground Coriander.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of Celery Salt.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of Cayenne powder.
- It’s of Orange Sauce.
- It’s 1/2 stick of Butter.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of Dark Brown Sugar.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of Orange Juice.
- It’s 1 tbsp of Cider Vinegar.
- It’s 1/2 tbsp of Orange Marmalade.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Sea Salt.
- It’s 1 tsp of Black Pepper.
- Prepare 3/4 tsp of Arrowroot.
- You need 1/3 tsp of Red Pepper Flakes.
- It’s of Side.
- Prepare 1 cup of White Rice.
And because he's roasting whole ducks, he cooks them until they're well done, which results in the crispiest skin and best flavor. Duck à l'orange is a classic French recipe featuring a whole roasted duck with crispy, crackling skin along with an aromatic sweet-sour sauce known as sauce bigarade. The original sauce bigarade is made with bitter oranges (sometimes called bigarade oranges, sour oranges, or Seville oranges). Transfer orange peel to a work surface; discard remaining solids in sieve.
Duck A L'Orange instructions
- Preheat the oven to 350°F..
- Mix rub ingredients together & cover the duck in seasoning then let sit for about 15-30 minutes. Once the meat has absorbed the seasoning, place the duck in the oven..
- Melt the butter & the sugar together over medium heat until it has a nice brown color..
- Add the rest of the ingredients & continue to simmer over low heat until everything is thoroughly combined & dissolved..
- After about 30-45 minutes baking & once the duck has reached an internal temp of 150°F paint on the Orange Sauce then put the duck back in the oven for another 10- 15 minutes allowing the sauce to tack onto the meat..
- I like to serve this with traditional white rice on the side. You can use extra sauce in the rice as well..
Slice peel into thin strips (remove white pith for a more refined look, if desired); set aside. Duck a l'orange is possibly one of the most copied French recipes of all time. The recipe features seared duck breast glazed with a sweet orange sauce and has. The recipe for this classic French dish is based on one in James Peterson's Glorious French Food. In this classic French preparation, a whole duck is broken down, cooked to golden brown, crisp-skinned perfection and served with a rich orange sauce.