Old-fashioned Egg Cake. Great For Breakfast Time, Snack Time, Any Time. Get A Bite Of The Sweet Taste Of Cinnamon! Little Bites® Muffins Are The Perfect Portion of Happiness.
This Old Fashioned Pound Cake recipe is one my mother made often throughout my childhood. Dense and buttery, this traditional pound cake is the perfect blank canvas for a fruit glaze or whipped topping. Traditionally made with a pound each of flour, sugar, butter, and eggs, I like to also add a splash of vanilla. You can have Old-fashioned Egg Cake using 7 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Old-fashioned Egg Cake
- You need 4 of eggs.
- You need 170 gr of sugar (add more if you prefer).
- It’s 1/2 tsp of salt.
- You need 180 gr of all-purpose flour.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of baking powder.
- It’s 35 gr of oil.
- It’s of (me: 15 gr melted butter + 20 gr oil).
Heat vegetable oil in a skillet over medium heat. Gold cake is a heavy, rich and moist cake with a yellow color! It's so delicious! 😀 Gold cake is made with just egg yolks – so it's a perfect way to use up leftover egg yolks! This recipe for gold cake is from the Victorian era.
Old-fashioned Egg Cake instructions
- Whisk egg, sugar and salt in a high speed until foamy and thick.
- Pour dry ingredients (flour+bp) into the batter using spatula or mixer at lowest speed then add fat (oil+butter).
- Pour batter into an individual cup, fill it for about 3/4 portion.
- Pre-heat oven 180 degC. Bake cakes for about 30-40 minutes.
Mix on low until no dry flour remains and then repeat three more times until all of the flour has been incorporated. But the glaze was very strange. It's a caramel base, and caramel is a very strong flavor for cake to begin with, but then the white sugar is added to the mix while lukewarm, so it never melts properly, giving it a gritty texture. Creaming the butter and sugar is the most important step when making a pound cake. Give it time to whip up light and fluffy, and scrape down the sides often when adding eggs.