Mayo-less Egg Salad. Try this mayo-free version of egg salad from Louisa Shafia. It's full of flavor and zest! Without a dressing of some sort, chopped eggs are dry, crumbly bits—the creaminess derived from a binder, such as mayonnaise A good vinaigrette is an ideal option for those wishing to go dairy and mayo-free with their egg salad—or for those just looking to mix things up!
Unless of course I'm feeling a little reckless, in which case out. This is the BEST classic egg salad recipe. Hard-boiled eggs, mayo, mustard, lemon, celery, green onions, and Egg Salad – An Easter Must-Have. You can have Mayo-less Egg Salad using 9 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Mayo-less Egg Salad
- It’s 1 of large egg.
- It’s 1 tbsp of hummus.
- Prepare 1 tsp of dijon mustard.
- You need 1/8 tsp of cayenne or chili powder.
- It’s 1 tbsp of onion, finely minced.
- You need 1 leaf of coarsely chopped lettuce.
- You need 1 bunch of green salad OR 1 pc. toasted rice bread / tortilla.
- You need 1/4 tsp of olive oil (optional).
- It’s 1 tbsp of shredded mozarella cheese (optional).
Easter is on Sunday and that means we will be up to our Add in a little Dijon mustard. Add chopped celery, green onions, and chives. If you're looking for a lighter version of If you do want to use the full amount of Greek yogurt, season it with a bit of salt and pepper, and add a little more mustard to your egg salad. This egg salad made without mayo isn't your grandma's egg salad.
Mayo-less Egg Salad instructions
- On a small pot, fill with water about 5-6 cups (just enough to cover egg). Bring water to boil. Place egg on a spoon or laddle to submerge it at the boiling pot of water and turn down heat to medium. Let egg boil for 8 mins. Turn off heat, and let the egg rest on pot for at least a minute..
- While the egg is boiling, toast your rice bread or rice tortilla, OR alternatively prepare your vegetables for salad..
- While the egg is resting on pot, chop half of a small onion then place them on a small bowl. On the same bowl add hummus, dijon mustard, cayenne / chili powder, and olive oil (optional). Set it aside for a bit..
- Fish out the egg from pot using laddle or spoon. Cool it through running water until bare hands can handle it. You don't want it too cold — we want its heat to melt mozarella a bit for later..
- De-shell the egg (careful it might still be hot) and place it on the same bowl of the premade mixture. Coarsely mash it, add shredded mozarella, then add 1 leaf chopped lettuce. Mix them well..
- Serve the egg salad mix as toasted bread toppings, or as salad dressing. Enjoy!.
Instead it's crammed full of gently caramelized onions and olive oil and even garlic, and it's so surprisingly lovely you just may find that you won't miss the traditional mayonnaise. Tasty, thick, egg-less mayo made with ground flax seeds. I make homemade caesar dressing, tuna salad, egg salad, sardine salad, deconstructed chicken salad (a schmear of mayo on each bite of chicken 🙂 )…the possibilities are endless! Mayo-less Egg Salad – Rachael Ray. Try this mayo-free version of egg salad from Louisa Shafia.