Gourmet Avocado Toast.
You can have Gourmet Avocado Toast using 9 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Gourmet Avocado Toast
- Prepare 1 of Large Ripe Avocado.
- Prepare 2 of Large Pieces of Sourdough Bread.
- You need of Crumbled Feta Cheese.
- It’s Leaves of Fresh Arugula.
- Prepare 1 Squeeze of Fresh Lime Juice.
- Prepare 1 of Light Drizzle of Olive Oil.
- It’s of Red Chili Flakes.
- Prepare of Coarse Rock Salt OR Himalayan Pink Salt.
- You need of Coarsely Ground Black Pepper.
Gourmet Avocado Toast instructions
- Prepare your Avocado by slicing it in half lengthwise running your knife into the top narrow half and then circling it all around the pit. Twist the two halves of the avocado to separate it and then remove the pit by giving it a firm whack with your knife blade and then twisting it out..
- Dice the avocado by running your knife lengthwise down the flesh so that the tip of your knife just touches the skin at the bottom. Make vertical cuts about a cm apart and then make horizontal cuts across also about a cm. Use a spoon to scoop out the diced avocado..
- Toast your sourdough bread using either a toaster or my favourite method: under a broiler. You'll have to be more careful when it's under the broiler since it can burn very quickly but the result is a nice crispy crust on top while the rest of the slice remains chewy..
- Place the diced avocado evenly over the toast pieces and press down gently just so they cling to the bread a little bit. Top with crumbled feta, a squeeze of lime juice, a sprinkle of coarse salt, black pepper, chili flakes, and arugula leaves..