Pondicherry Egg Curry. Recipe for South Indian Pondicherry style Egg Curry – Muthaiy curry. Pondicherry cuisine is primarily based on Tamil cuisine but with a lot of influence from the french. Egg curry made in Punjabi dhaba style.
Here is the best Pondicherry Style Egg Curry. Valli's Kitchen special Egg Curry recipe description. Pondicherry Egg Curry – Muthaiy curryKannamma Cooks. You can have Pondicherry Egg Curry using 14 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Pondicherry Egg Curry
- You need 8 of boiled eggs + 1 egg.
- Prepare 2 of onions chopped fine.
- It’s 4 of green chillies.
- It’s 1 sprig of curry leaves.
- You need 2 of tomatoes chopped fine.
- You need 1 tbsp of ginger garlic paste.
- It’s 2 tsp of red chilli powder.
- You need 1/2 tsp of turmeric powder.
- It’s of Salt.
- You need leaves of Fresh coriander.
- It’s 1 of Tbsp+ 2 Tbsp oil.
- Prepare 1 tsp of fennel/ saunf.
- You need 50 gms of cleaned prawns.
- You need 1 cup of thick coconut milk.
Egg Curry Tikka Masala Sauce Naan and Rice for Indian egg curry dinner. Enjoy Easy Indian Kolhapuri Egg Curry with Homemade Indian Roti for Dinner This egg curry recipe from southern India features an exquisitely aromatic and flavorful sauce. I like to include meatless dishes in my weekly meal plans and this egg curry is a delicious meal to include.
Pondicherry Egg Curry step by step
- Heat 1 tbsp oil in a Pan,add little turmeric and a spoon of pepper powder..,add the boiled eggs.. saute for a minute..set aside.
- In the same Pan add 2 tbsp oil..add 1 tsp fennel/ saunf..Crush together the onion,green chillies and curry leaves..add to the pan and stir fry till onions turn translucent.now add the prawns..saute for a min…
- Add the ginger garlic paste,red chilli powder,turmeric powder and saute till raw smell of the masala goes..Next coarsely puree the tomatoes and add to the masala..cook for a while..when it starts bubbling add the coconut milk,check seasoning,cover and cook for a couple of mins..
- When the curry begins to boil add the raw egg, stir to mix well and get cooked.
- Once the raw egg is set add the boiled eggs..cook for 2 mins…add juice of a lemon and sprinkle fresh coriander…
- Egg curry is ready..Serve with hot steaming rice….
Indian egg curry has hard boiled eggs cooked in simple yet flavor packed Indian masala. It's spicy, decadent, satisfying and comfort meal on your plate. Egg curry recipe – There are so many things that you can do with boiled eggs, but lately, we've been into this delicious North-Indian style egg curry that you can quickly make in an Instant Pot or stove top. South Indian style Egg Curry is incredibly easy to make. A few spices, onions, tomatoes and coconut milk make this utterly satisfying and comforting egg curry recipe that tastes best with parathas.