Bitter Melon with Egg. Find Deals on Bitter Melon Capsules in Nutrition on Amazon. Be light on the seasonings since we want the richness of the eggs to shine. I like to add a dash of fish sauce for some umami, but you can substitute with soy sauce or a bit more salt to keep the dish vegetarian.
This recipe is a very nice introduction to prepare and enjoy bitter melon. Have you ever tried bitter melon before? If you are new to bitter melon and need a gentle introduction on how to prepare one, this easy bitter melon egg frittata may be the perfect recipe to try. You can cook Bitter Melon with Egg using 4 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Bitter Melon with Egg
- You need 3 pcs of eggs.
- Prepare 1 pc of bitter gourd.
- You need of Minced garlic.
- Prepare of Chicken powder.
Bitter melon is an acquired taste! I used to hate it as a child but lately, I can't get enough of them! Bitter melon works well in a soup or stew or with eggs which balance out the bitterness. This dish is pretty basic and you can convert it into a vegetarian dish by the omission of ground pork.
Bitter Melon with Egg instructions
- Wash and cut bitter gourd into slices. Then dip in a salted water for 5 mins. After that remove from water and squeezed. Then wash again..
- Beat eggs and add a little salt..
- Heat pan add oil and stir fry egg. Temove and set aside for later use..
- In same pan add oil and saute garlic and bitter gourd. Add water cover and let it simmer. When half done season with chicken powder then add fried eggs. Mix well and serve.
Slice the bitter melon into thin, half crescent shaped pieces. Remove the bitter melon from the salt water and squeeze it with your hands slightly to remove some of the bitter taste. Then rinse the bitter melon and set it aside. In a bowl, beat the eggs and season with salt to taste. Add the chicken seasoning powder and some water and toss to mix well.