Eggplant in Chilli Paste. – ½ tsp Shrimp paste (optional). Directions. – Roast/toast the eggplant slices until it starts to become brownish; set aside. – Heat enough frying oil; sauté the ground spices until fragrant. Add in water, bay leaf, lime leaves, sugar, ginger & galangal.
The sauce is flavoured with Thai chili paste and scented with lots of Thai basil. I also show you my new favourite eggplant technique for stir-frying that'll come in handy in any eggplant stir-fry recipe! The eggplant in this recipe becomes so juicy and succulent, and absorbs all that wonderful sauce. You can have Eggplant in Chilli Paste using 5 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Eggplant in Chilli Paste
- You need of Eggplant.
- It’s 1 tsp of chilli paste.
- You need of Shallot.
- Prepare of Spring onion.
- Prepare 1 of little chicken powder.
Our most trusted Eggplant With Chili Paste recipes. Reviewed by millions of home cooks. A non-traditional version of chili that I thought was delicious. You can adjust the amount of spiciness to your taste.
Eggplant in Chilli Paste instructions
- Wash and cut eggplant into 2 inches. Add water in a pot and steam eggplant for 4 to 5 mins. When done remove and cut half..
- Add oil in a wok and stir fry minced shallot then add chilli paste. Add chicken powder and just a little water. Let it simmer then add in eggplant. Mix it well then remove and serve.
- Optional…. Spring onion on top.
I prefer mine mild to moderately spicy. Add cayenne, red pepper flakes, or hot sauce if you prefer. The Best Chinese Fried Eggplant Recipes on Yummly Download Eggplant paste stock photos at the best stock photography agency with millions of premium high quality, royalty-free stock photos, images and pictures at reasonable prices. Simple Bucatini and Eggplant is a delicious, fast and easy recipe idea.