Braised eggplant in garlic sauce鱼香茄子🍆. The eggplant is grilled until crispy and smoky, and then cooked in a rich savory garlic sauce. This vegan dish is very satisfying, both as a side or a main dish served over rice or noodles. I had braised eggplant in a Chinese restaurant and I was hooked.
For this version, I like to add a few tablespoons of chopped up preserved mustard root and incorporate the garlic in a couple of ways: first, by cooking. Braised eggplants with garlic sauce is my favorite method of making eggplants in this autumn, using very basic seasonings and producing a well balanced dish with strong garlic aroma. There is another popular Chinese eggplant dish named as "Yu Xiang Eggplants", which is named "Chinese. You can cook Braised eggplant in garlic sauce鱼香茄子🍆 using 12 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Braised eggplant in garlic sauce鱼香茄子🍆
- Prepare 1 lb of Chinese eggplant, hand broken into inch length.
- It’s 1 Tsp of salt in 4 cups of water for brining.
- You need 1/2 of carrot, sliced.
- You need 1/2 of onion, sliced.
- Prepare 3 of garlic, minced.
- It’s 1 tsp of minced ginger.
- You need 1 cup of cooking wine.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of olive oil.
- You need 2 of green onion, sliced.
- It’s 1 Tsp of tamari sauce.
- Prepare 1 Tsp of Pixian broadbean paste.
- Prepare 1/2 Tsp of Chinese aged vinegar.
Eggplant with garlic sauce (Yuxiang eggplant, 鱼香茄子) is a relatively easy and extremely delicious home-cooked dish. However, it is very tricky to cook eggplant. Many people struggle to perfect it because of eggplant absorbs oil quickly and become soggy, at the same time it lost its appetizing. This is a quick and easy Chinese Eggplant recipe with a spicy garlic sauce that's so addictive.
Braised eggplant in garlic sauce鱼香茄子🍆 step by step
- Soak eggplant in salty water for 5 minutes to remove excess water in eggplant..
- Get ready for all other ingredients. Squeeze out brining water in eggplant and set them aside..
- In a heat wok, saute eggplant in oil until they begin to soften for about a minute. Add carrot, onion and garlic, keep stirfry until aromatic for another minutes..
- Season with broadbean paste and pour in cooking wine. Cover up all eggplants with hot water and simmer for about 15 minutes on medium heat until soft and liquid reduce 2/3..
- Turn up the heat and keep stir very gently. Reduce the juice to almost nothing and splash in vinegar and a touch of honey. Adjust seasoning if necessary towards the end..
- Toss green onion in right before plating..
Plus, the eggplant pieces are so tender, they almost melt in your. Chinese garlic sauce has an iconic flavor profile that can be found in many Chinese dishes. The sauce is added at the end of the cooking process so as not to mess with the delicate texture of the eggplant. Adding it too soon could result in a soggy eggplant bites, something we all prefer to avoid! Braised Eggplant With Tofu in Garlic SauceSerious Eats.