Stuffed Eggplant with shrimp. Scoop out the flesh of the eggplant, chop, and reserve. Coat shells with olive oil, and season with salt and pepper; set aside. Cut each eggplant it half, cutting through the stem and down its length.
Mash eggplant thoroughly; add shrimp mixture, tomatoes, butter, and egg and mix well. Stuff eggplant shells with eggplant-shrimp mixture; season with salt and pepper. Top each stuffed eggplant with Cheddar cheese. You can have Stuffed Eggplant with shrimp using 11 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Stuffed Eggplant with shrimp
- It’s 1 of Large Organic Eggplant.
- You need 8 of Medium Shrimp.
- You need 1 of organic egg.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of Himalayan pink salt.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Organic all purpose flour.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of white pepper.
- It’s 2 tbsp of corn starch.
- You need 4 tbsp of water.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of oyster sauce.
- It’s 1 tbsp of cooking wine.
- You need 4 tbsp of cooking olive oil.
Place stuffed eggplant in a baking dish. Shrimp Stuffed Eggplant-hollow out an eggplant into a little boat and smother the eggplant pulp with the Holy Trinity and creole seasonings, add some shrimp and bake it to a golden brown! Sometimes called an Eggplant Pirogue, Stuffed Eggplant epitomizes Cajun and Creole cuisines. Transfer browned eggplant slices to a clean wok or skillet.
Stuffed Eggplant with shrimp instructions
- In a food processor combine chopped shrimp, salt, all purpose flour, white pepper and egg white. Process until a coarse paste forms..
- Slice eggplant on the diagonal, about 1-inch thick, then slice through the middle, about 90% deep but not all the way, to create a pocket for the shrimp..
- Fill each eggplant slice to the top with about a teaspoonful of the shrimp mixture. Repeat until all the eggplant slices are filled..
- Pan Fry the stuffed eggplants until brown on all sides. Around 3 to 4 minutes of each side. You need plenty of olive oil to pan fry eggplants, set aside..
- Use the same skillet, add olive oil, Shallot and garlic.
- Add Oyster, water and cooking wine. Mix well and bring it to boil.
- Put Stuffed eggplants back into the pan, cover and let it cook for 5 minutes.
- Remove eggplants from the pan.
- Add water to corn starch and add to the sauce.
- Top each eggplant with the sauce.
Arrange the eggplant on a platter. Transfer the stuffing to a large bowl. Season to taste with remaining salt and pepper. Sprinkle each with the remaining bread crumbs. Brush the bottom of a baking dish with the.