Simple Eggplant Parmigiana. I really think this is what I would eat for my last meal on Earth. It's so simple and, when done right, sublime. Eggplant slices are dipped in egg and bread crumbs and then baked, instead of fried.
This Sicilian style eggplant parmigiana recipe is quite simple but super delicious. The ingredients used are fresh eggplants, mozzarella cheese. A classic Italian baked Eggplant Parmesan casserole with breaded eggplant slices layered with Mozzarella, Parmesan, basil, and tomato sauce. You can cook Simple Eggplant Parmigiana using 5 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Simple Eggplant Parmigiana
- Prepare 1 of eggplant, sliced.
- You need of Olive oil.
- Prepare 300 g of tin of crushed tomato with basil.
- Prepare of Parmesan and cheddar grated and mixed together.
- You need of Dried oregano.
This Italian-style eggplant Parmesan recipe is lighter than most—it's made with roasted eggplant slices (not Let me clarify. In Italy, true eggplant Parmesan (Melanzane alla Parmigiana) is breading-free. Eggplant parmigiana recipe with step by step pics – eggplant parmesan is a delicious Italian baked The eggplant parmigiana recipe is simple enough to be made. This delicious eggplant casserole from my mom makes a wonderful meatless meal.
Simple Eggplant Parmigiana instructions
- Preheat oven to 180°C degrees fan forced. Slice the eggplant in 0.5 cm thick slices, heat some olive oil in a pan and fry the slices both sides to slightly browned, transferring onto a paper towel to catch excess oil..
- In a oven proof dish, spread a bit of the tomato sauce at the bottom and top with a layer off the fried eggplant top with more sauce, sprinkle a bit of dried oregano and top with a layer of cheese. Repeat the process until the eggplant is finished, layer it like lasagna. Season each layer with salt & pepper..
- Transfer the dish to the oven and bake for 30 – 35 min until the cheese is melted and golden brown. Serve as a side. Enjoy. 😋.
Eggplant Parmigiana Recipe photo by Taste of Home. Fried eggplant is layered with homemade red sauce and two types of cheese—mozzarella and Pecorino A specialty of southern Italian kitchens, eggplant parmigiana can be made more. Directions for: Simple Eggplant Alla Parmigiana. Arrange half of the eggplants on the sauce. Lightly season eggplant slices all over with salt; place in a single layer on several layers of paper towels inside a rimmed baking sheet.