Stuffed Eggplant. A large eggplant is hollowed out, and it's flesh is mixed with Italian sausage, garlic, bread crumbs and Parmesan cheese. The filling is then stuffed back into the shells, topped with Parmesan cheese, and baked. Great as a main course but you can buy the mini eggplant and use them as a side dish or appetizer!
Use a melon baller to scoop out the eggplant. In this Italian stuffed eggplant recipe, fresh breadcrumbs, Parmesan cheese and parsley make a simple, yet delicious filling for an "inside-out" eggplant Parmesan. Serve these stuffed eggplants as a light dinner along with a big salad. You can cook Stuffed Eggplant using 7 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Stuffed Eggplant
- It’s 2 of Large eggplants.
- You need 2 of Red onions.
- You need 400 gr of Minced beef meat.
- It’s 4 Tbsp of olive oil.
- Prepare 1 of Greek yogurt.
- It’s 1 of Egg.
- Prepare 50 g of Emmental cheese.
My family absolutely LOVES this recipe, DIRECTIONS. Cut the eggplant in half and scoop out the center, leaving enough meat inside the skin so that it holds its shape when baked. Stir in chopped eggplant and season with oregano, salt, and pepper. Cube pulp; set shells and pulp aside.
Stuffed Eggplant instructions
- Steam the eggplants for 10 min. Cut the onions and meat and in a frying pan begin to sauté over low heat with a little oil. Once the eggplants are done, remove all the medium until leaving only the skin, and add the eggplant mear in the pan with the other ingredients. Add the tomatoe sauce and let all the ingredients cook for 5 more minutes. Then place the skin of the eggplants on a baking sheet and fill them..
- Once filled, beat the Greek yogurt with the egg and put it over the eggplants until they are covered. Next we put the grated cheese and with the oven previously heated to 200 ° C cook them for 15 min.
- Enjoy it!.
In a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, saute onion and garlic until onion is tender. Eggplant is a staple Mediterranean ingredient, and one of my personal favorites! I love cooking it to tender perfection, whether in a hearty stew like this one, simply roasted, or even stuffed!. Earlier, I shared a comforting stuffed eggplant recipe baked in tomato sauce with a spiced meat mixture (so worth a try by the way). This one is for my vegetarian and vegan friends, but meat lovers will.