Mediterranean Eggplant. The Best Mediterranean Eggplant Recipes on Yummly Mediterranean Eggplants, Mediterranean Eggplant Rolls, Mediterranean Turkey Stuffed Eggplant. Mediterranean Eggplant Dip Recipe photo by Taste of Home.
Started eating it a little in the last month. Chose this recipe since it sounded easy and tasty. The Filled Mediterranean Eggplant recipe out of our category fruit-vegetable! You can have Mediterranean Eggplant using 6 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Mediterranean Eggplant
- Prepare 1-2 of med eggplants.
- It’s 1 of large garlic clove per eggplant.
- Prepare 1 tsp of regular salt per eggplant.
- It’s 1.5 Tb of olive oil per eggplant.
- It’s of Fresh chopped parsley.She didn't specify.Wanted flat.Found curly.
- It’s of Fresh lemon juice.
These eggplant wraps are a cinch to make. These eggplant wraps are the absolute perfect hors d'oeuvre or picnic food. They can be made and assembled a day in advance and refrigerated. Mediterranean eggplant salad is a lot easier to prepare than one might think.
Mediterranean Eggplant instructions
- Using steamer basket (I got mine at a local hardware store in Black Mountain NC called Town Hardware & Gen. Store), and large pot, you will steam eggplants whole. Julia said steam 10 mins. Mine took more like 13 to be correctly cooked like she showed. You should be able to pierce eggplant easily all the way through..
- Set eggplant aside. Don't slice yet. Smash garlic and remove skin. Roughly chop. Using tip of a squarish knife, start mashing garlic for a minute. Add salt, continue to mash until paste starts to develop. Add O.O. Continue mashing into paste..
- Slice open eggplants lengthwise. Cut diagonal curves into eggplant. Spread paste onto all eggplant halves. Sprinkle with parsley and lemon juice if desired. Serve immediately..
Find out about Mediterranean eggplant salad with help from a chef and culinary educator in this free video clip. • Get the Recipe: Mediterranean Eggplant and Barley Salad from Epicurious. Related: Learning to Love Eggplant: How to Pick 'Em, Cook 'Em and Eat 'Em. (Images: Emma Christensen). Drizzle the sauce in thin lines on each of the eggplant slices before serving. You can do this easily by putting the sauce in a plastic. A rustic baked eggplant dish with caramelized onions from Central Greece.