Eggplant Rolled with Ham and Cheese. Use bacon and cheddar cheese for a more intense flavor. Fry the eggplant slices, let them cool at room temperature and then fill with ham and cheese. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Lay eggplant flat, add a slice of cheese to cover eggplant, then top with ham. Roll up eggplant, enclosing ham and cheese inside. Great recipe for Eggplant Rolled with Ham and Cheese. You can cook Eggplant Rolled with Ham and Cheese using 11 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Eggplant Rolled with Ham and Cheese
- It’s 2 of large eggplants, peeled and cut length wise into 1/2 inch slices.
- Prepare of Basting sauce.
- You need 6 tablespoons of chili infused olive oil.
- Prepare 4 tablespoons of butter.
- Prepare 1/4 teaspoon of each, granulated garlic, salt, pepper, Italian seasoning, lemon juice.
- It’s 1/4 cup of fresh grated Romano cheese, plus more for topping.
- It’s of About 2 cups marinara sauce.
- Prepare 1/4 pound of thin sliced deli hot ham.
- Prepare 8 ounces of sliced provalone cheese.
- It’s 15 of crisply cooked pepperoni, chopped.
- Prepare 1 of green onion thinly sliced.
Tender eggplant layered with ham and cheese and rolled up, finally baked in marinara sauce. This makes a delicious side dish or a light entree. Wash thoroughly, squeezing and drying the slices of eggplant. Roll them in flour and fry them.
Eggplant Rolled with Ham and Cheese step by step
- Preheat the oven to 425. Line a baking sheet with foil, spray foil with non stick spray.
- Combine all basting ingredients in a bowl.
- Brush both sides of eggplant with mixture and place on prepared pan, bake until tender, turning once about 20 minutes.
- Place some marinara in a baking dish, large enough to hold rolls in one layer.
- Assemble rolls.
- Place each eggplant on a work surface.
- Add provalone to cover eggplant.
- Then cover with ham.
- Then roll up.
- Place in sauce covered prepared pan.
- Add some sauce on each roll and sprinkle with Romano cheese and a strip of provolone. Sprinkle with crispy pepperoni and green onion.
- Bake at 425 until hot, about 15 minutes.
Finally, take each eggplant slice, arrange ham and cheese on top and wrap it into a tight roll. Arrange all the rolls tightly next to one another in a baking dish. How to Cook Cheesy Ham-Stuffed Eggplant. Add the parsley, breadcrumbs, olive oil, and garlic to the mixer bowl. Season with salt and pepper and mix until even.