Roasted Eggplant 🍆 with Chick Peas. Oven-roasted chickpeas are about as simple as it gets — toss with olive oil and salt, roast, eat — but there are a few key things to keep in mind. Roasted Eggplant and Chickpeas With Cinnamon-Tinged Tomato Sauce and Feta. Eggplant is always a good, substantial vegetable to use for a vegetarian main dish.
Stir in the sliced olives and chick peas with the parsley. Taste seasoning and add more salt and pepper if needed. Place eggplant, onion, and bell pepper in large bowl. You can cook Roasted Eggplant 🍆 with Chick Peas using 14 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Roasted Eggplant 🍆 with Chick Peas
- It’s 3 of large eggplant, peeled and cut into slices.
- Prepare of Olive oil cooking spray.
- Prepare 1 pound of red potatoes (baby red potatoes), cut in half.
- It’s 1 of green pepper, sliced.
- It’s 1 of large onion, sliced.
- It’s 1 jar (24 ounce) of your favorite pasta sauce.
- It’s 2 cans (15.5 ounce) of chick peas (garbanzo beans), undrained.
- Prepare 1/8 teaspoon of black pepper.
- Prepare 1/8 teaspoon of crushed red pepper.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of Italian seasoning.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of oregano leaves.
- You need 6 cloves of garlic, minced.
- Prepare 3 tablespoons of balsamic vinegar.
- You need of Cooked white rice.
Toss to coat, and season with salt and pepper, if desired. Learn how to roast chickpeas so they come out perfectly crispy and crunchy every single time with this fool-proof recipe! They make a great, healthy snack! Through trial and error, and a little luck, I've figured out a few secrets and I thought I'd share them with you!
Roasted Eggplant 🍆 with Chick Peas instructions
- Place your peeled and cut eggplant slices in a large baking pan that has been coated with olive oil cooking spray, layering slices as necessary………
- Next take your baby red potatoes,green pepper and onion and place all over eggplant slices in your baking pan…….
- In a large bowl combine: pasta sauce, chick peas, black pepper, crushed red pepper, Italian seasoning, oregano,minced garlic and balsamic vinegar, stir all well……
- Now pour your chick peas / sauce mixture all over your eggplant and veggies in your baking pan……
- Cover baking pan and bake in a preheated 425 degree oven for 2 hours…….
- Increase oven temperature to 450 degrees, uncover and continue to bake for another 20 minutes…..
- Serve with cooked white rice and enjoy 😉!.
This recipe is light, incredibly easy to prepare and you can use your If you are on a diet, you should try these spicy roasted chickpeas when you want a snack or when you I've been making these with canned chick peas for years. Tried every trick out there to try and. These perfectly seasoned Crunchy Roasted Chickpeas make a great snack or salad topper! I turn off the oven at the end of baking, slightly crack the door, and leave the chickpeas in there to cool. This ensures that their crispy crunch will last for days!