Baby Eggplant Appetizer المكدوس 1. Makdus – Baby Eggplant Appetizer (Makdous مكدوس). If you make this appetizer for a party or social gathering, your guests will not stop talking about this for years to come. The Best Eggplant Appetizer Recipes on Yummly
I was very impressed with flavors, it was simple but something I have never tried. Later on I found out that this is actually pretty common appetizer in Slavic community. Very easy appetizer to fix up for party. You can cook Baby Eggplant Appetizer المكدوس 1 using 8 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Baby Eggplant Appetizer المكدوس 1
- You need of Baby eggplant.
- You need of Salt.
- Prepare of Red pepper crushed paste.
- It’s of Walnuts chopped roughly.
- Prepare of Hot pepper.
- It’s of Garlic.
- You need of Salt.
- You need of Extra virgin olive oil.
Baby eggplants can be fried, braised, roasted, and grilled. When cooked, the texture of Baby eggplant is hearty making it perfect for use as a meat substitute in vegetarian and vegan preparations. Their small size makes them ideal for one bite appetizers hollowed and stuffed with fillings and then baked. They may be labeled Japanese, Indian, Italian—or simply "baby." If you have an Asian grocer near you, try that.
Baby Eggplant Appetizer المكدوس 1 instructions
- Wash and boiling them in water cover till they get soft 20 minutes and let them cooled.
- Cut in middle as a pocket every eggplant and add 1/8 teaspoon salt on each on and on top.
- Then you put them in calendar and let it say for a two days so not squeeze the egg plant let them get drain the water.
- Mix walnuts and red hot pepper paste olive oil and garlic and scoop one tablespoon of it and stuff each one full then put in jar full it up then add olive oil on top let it set for a week great with pita bread enjoy 😉.
- Walnut mix make sure jar is sanitized first.
- 1 teaspoon for each eggplant close it fill the jar and add olive oil make sure you Flip the jar upside down for the first day the second day if it need olive oil you add more on top no need to flip after that.
The farmers' market in high summer is the best bet for finding the small, inky-purple, round eggplants used in this recipe. They may be labeled Japanese, Indian, Italian—or simply "baby." This traditional Russian eggplant appetizer is delicious! This traditional Russian eggplant appetizer is delicious! It's great with crackers or bread. Put leftovers in jars so you can enjoy it the whole winter!