Easy Eggplant 🍆 Parmesan. This Baked Eggplant Parmesan recipe is lightened up with baked (not fried) crispy breaded Want to customize this easy Eggplant Parmesan recipe a bit? Feel free to… Make it spicy: I love sprinkling This Baked Eggplant Parmesan recipe is made lighter by being baked with a crispy Panko breading. To make legit eggplant parm, you'll need to fry eggplant.
Plus, since you're putting in the work with. My eggplant parmesan recipe will be the one you use over and over again. The extra prep step is so worth it; many say they will never make it any other way! You can cook Easy Eggplant 🍆 Parmesan using 13 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Easy Eggplant 🍆 Parmesan
- Prepare 2 of large eggplants, peeled and cut into round slices.
- You need of Salt.
- Prepare 2 cups of Italian bread crumbs.
- It’s 1/4 teaspoon of black pepper.
- It’s 1/2 teaspoon of oregano.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of basil.
- It’s 1/2 teaspoon of garlic powder.
- You need 1/4 cup of Parmesan cheese.
- Prepare 3 of eggs.
- Prepare 1/3 cup of milk.
- It’s of Olive oil cooking spray.
- It’s 1 block (16 ounce) of mozzarella cheese, cut into slices.
- Prepare 1 jar (24 ounce) of your favorite pasta sauce.
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. I love Eggplant Parm and this is one of the easiest and tastiest recipes I have ever found for it. Continue layering and salting all eggplant slices. Dip each eggplant slice in beaten egg, and dredge with breadcrumbs.
Easy Eggplant 🍆 Parmesan step by step
- Place peeled and cut eggplant slices into a colander with a bowl underneath, generously sprinkle salt all over eggplant (this will draw out any excess water from the eggplant)……Let eggplant sit for about an hour…….
- Thoroughly rinse out eggplant in cold water, drain well……..
- Combine in a bowl or a large ziplock baggie : Italian bread crumbs, black pepper, oregano, basil, garlic powder and Parmesan cheese, mix dry ingredients well…..
- In a separate bowl lightly beat the eggs and the milk……..
- Dip eggplant slices into wet mixture first, then dip into dry ingredients next, pressing bread crumb mixture into slices……..
- Place coated eggplant slices into a large baking pan that has been coated with olive oil cooking spray……Repeat until all slices are coated…….
- Bake slices in a preheated 375 degree oven for 20 minutes, then flip slices over and bake an additional 10 minutes…….
- Spoon pasta sauce over each cooked slice…….
- Top each slice with mozzarella cheese…….
- Bake an additional 10 minutes or until cheese has melted……Serve and enjoy 😉!!!.
This is one of my favorites. I like this version better than most restaurant recipes – and this recipe is easy to make! This was a very good easy and healthy version of this dish. Eggplant Parmesan, or eggplant parmigiana, is one of those classic Italian-style comfort foods most people enjoy. Much like lasagana, this is a casserole dish made of different layers, but here the star is globe eggplant and there is no pasta involved.