Meaty Eggplant Omelette (Tortang Talong with Giniling). Peel off the skin and on a plate, flattens the meat with the back of a fork. Eggplant is abundant in the Philippines and can be found in a number of other Filipino dishes. Working with one eggplant at a time, whisk two eggs in a shallow dish, and place the peeled eggplant on top.
Growing up, I never knew this food as tortang talong. I called it eggplant omelet, because really, that's all it is. In fact, I still call it eggplant omelet. You can cook Meaty Eggplant Omelette (Tortang Talong with Giniling) using 8 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Meaty Eggplant Omelette (Tortang Talong with Giniling)
- You need 3 cloves (10 grams) of Garlic.
- It’s 1 piece (30 grams) of Onion.
- Prepare 175 grams of Ground Pork.
- Prepare 2 pieces (200 grams) of Eggplant.
- It’s 2 pieces of Egg.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of Oil.
- It’s of Iodized Salt.
- You need of Ground Black Pepper.
Just like I called menudo "the one with raisins," and kare-kare "peanut butter stuff." I gave my own simplified. ground. talong. tortang. filipino. omelet. omelette. cuisine. Download. tortang talong, eggplant omelet, filipino food. by motghnit. Tortang Giniling is a Filipino ground beef omelette. It is unique in that the omelette is made more like a fritter and is filled with lots of beef and veggies.
Meaty Eggplant Omelette (Tortang Talong with Giniling) step by step
- Prepare the eggplant: Wash the eggplant in running water and dry. Get a fork and poke holes on the eggplant. Broil it in the oven until the skin turns brown and meat is soft. Peel off the skin (be careful as it very hot). Mash it a little bit using a fork until it flattens. Set aside. ©homebasedchef.
- Cook the meat filling: Heat oil in the skillet or pan. Sauté the chopped garlic and red onion. Add in the ground pork and continue sautéing. Season with salt and pepper. Continue to cook until the pork turns light in color. Set aside..
- Prepare the egg mixture: Beat 1 egg in a bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Add in the eggplant and mix with the egg in a mashing motion. Make sure to spread the eggplant to make space for the ground pork. Add the cooked pork on top and mix in the egg..
- Fry the omelette: Heat oil in the skillet or pan. Hold the stem of the eggplant on one hand and hold the bowl/plate in the other hand. Slide the eggplant mixture into the pan carefully to maintain its form. Fry the omelette thoroughly on both sides..
- Repeat steps #3 and 4 for the remaining eggplant..
It is a delicious recipe for breakfast or for a light lunch or snack. Tortang Talong ('talong' is eggplant in Filipino) is just one of the many ways I like having my eggplants. It is perfect for breakfast, but it is actually usually eaten with rice so it can also be Get this recipe for Tortang Talong or Eggplant Omelette with ground pork for a hearty Filipino breakfast! Tortang talong is a type of or eggplant omelet wherein grilled eggplants are soaked in a beaten egg mixture and then fried. Tortang talong is best eaten with steamed white rice and banana ketchup.