Eggplant Greek dip A.K.A. Melitzanosalata. Melitzanosalata, or Greek Eggplant Dip, is a simple yet tasty dish of roasted eggplant, garlic, oil, and lemon juice. It's perfect spread on toasted bread I only started to like eggplant when I took a cooking class while in Athens. We made Melitzanosalata, a Greek eggplant dip recipe.
If you're looking for full emersion, you can top it with. This traditional Greek eggplant dip (melitzanosalata) is best served with some crusty bread or homemade pitas and also as part of a meze platter with some spicy feta cheese dip. Let the melitzanosalata (Greek eggplant dip) cool down and put in the fridge to allow the flavours to mingle. You can cook Eggplant Greek dip A.K.A. Melitzanosalata using 8 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Eggplant Greek dip A.K.A. Melitzanosalata
- Prepare 3 of medium size aubergines.
- You need 1 of medium bell pepper.
- You need 1 clove of garlic.
- It’s 30 ml of Olive oil.
- You need 1 of medium size lemon.
- It’s of Salt and pepper as you wish.
- It’s 1/2 bunch of chopped parsley.
- Prepare 2 tsp of vinegar.
Greek Eggplant Dip (Melitzanosalata) is a classic Greek appetizer. It is made with baked eggplants, Greek yogurt, garlic, olive oil, lemon and without tahini. This rustic recipe was submitted by a reader of this blog many years ago, but only now I managed to take a photo of it so that you can see how great. Greek Eggplant Dip melitzanosalta is a light and tasty appetizer, that is perfect served with vegetables, sesame crackers or pita chips.
Eggplant Greek dip A.K.A. Melitzanosalata instructions
- The night before: You bake in 200 degrees at the oven the aubergines and pepper wrapped each one in an aluminum foil. You bake them till they are very very soft (try to check with a fork after 30 min). When they will be ready unwrap them, take their skin out (aubergines and pepper) while they are warm and let them cool all night in a strainer.
- Next day: Mush with a fork the aubergines, pepper and add all the other ingredients till they will become a creamy sauce..
- If you want you can add 100 gr of feta but this is not the original recipe. Enjoy!.
I'm sure none of you will mind, right? We are starting off our meal with this super delicious Greek Eggplant Dip, aka Melitzanosalata…. Melitzanosalata is a Greek eggplant dip that's made with eggplant, garlic and lemon juice. Melitzanosalata which roughly translates to "eggplant salad" is a classic Greek dish that's made with charred eggplants. It's perfect as a dip or spread on a Greek mezze platter.