Crockpot Eggplant 🍆Caponata. Italian plum (roma) tomatoes, eggplant, zucchini, onions, celery stalks, parsley leaves, red wine vinegar, brown sugar, raisins, seedless, tomato paste, salt, black pepper, black olives, capers. Combine tomatoes, eggplant, zucchini, celery, onion, parsley, vinegar, sugar, raisins. This Eggplant Caponata is a delicious Italian relish made with eggplant, onions, garlic, tomatoes, pine nuts, olives, raisins, capers, and parsley.
Epic Eggplant Caponata- simple, easy and bursting with summer flavor! The flavor-boosting secret is in the grilling! Serve it as a healthy vegan appetizer Eggplant Caponata! You can cook Crockpot Eggplant 🍆Caponata using 13 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Crockpot Eggplant 🍆Caponata
- You need 2 of eggplants, peeled, cut into chunks.
- It’s 2 of onions, sliced.
- You need 10 cloves of garlic, minced.
- You need 1 can of condensed cream of mushroom soup.
- Prepare 1 can of condensed tomato soup.
- Prepare 1 can (14.5 ounce) of diced tomatoes.
- It’s 3 of heaping tablespoons stuffed spanish olives(with some juice from the olive jar).
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of oregano.
- You need 1/8 teaspoon of black pepper.
- It’s 1/8 teaspoon of crushed red pepper.
- You need 2 tablespoons of balsamic vinegar.
- You need 1 can (6 ounce) of tomato paste.
- Prepare of Parmesan cheese.
Everything is in season right now to make this tasty Sicilian recipe- which can be served as a tasty appetizer, as a simple side. On a large rimmed sheet pan or in a roasting pan, toss the eggplant with a light coating of olive oil. Spread in a single layer and sprinkle lightly with salt. Here is an easy, fast recipe for an appetizer redolent with the deep flavors of summer.
Crockpot Eggplant 🍆Caponata instructions
- Place your peeled and cut up eggplant and sliced onions inside a crockpot…….
- Now add your minced garlic……
- Next add your cream of mushroom soup, tomato soup and diced tomatoes, mix lightly…….
- Now add your spanish olives, oregano and black pepper, mix lightly…….
- Next add the crushed red pepper,balsamic vinegar and tomato paste, mix all well…..
- Cook on Low for 8 hours, stirring lightly once every 2 hours if possible, if you can’t, don’t worry about it !!!! 😉.
- Serve over pasta of your choice topped with Parmesan cheese and enjoy 😉!!!.
Wait until the caponata is finished before toasting the bread. This eggplant caponata is rife with eggplant, celery, fennel, zucchini, garlic, onion, tomatoes, olives, raisins, and pine nuts. This eggplant caponata recipe actually turns out something more akin to a rich, intensely flavored, chutney-like condiment rather than the more traditional eggplant caponata. Elena Bisestri, executive chef at Palma restaurant, developed this version of the classic Sicilian antipasto, caponata. Bisestri relies on a good aged balsamic vinegar to give the dish its characteristic sweetness, and olives and capers to add briny tang.