Eggplant crispy bharta. This meal is highly recommended for Iftaar and as afternoon snacks, you'll definitely enjoy it. Healthy and refreshing drink for kids and adults too. Baingan bharta is a popular north Indian dish where fire roasted eggplant is mashed and cooked with spices.
Follow this technique to get a wonderful smoky flavor without spending time to roast and char the eggplant. Baingan Bharta translates to eggplant mash. The traditional bharta is a long process, Large eggplants are roasted over a flame or grill to char the skin. You can cook Eggplant crispy bharta using 18 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Eggplant crispy bharta
- You need 3 of big eggplant peeled and diced.
- It’s 2 of big chopped onions.
- You need 6 of large red tomatoes diced.
- It’s 2 of green chilli.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of salt.
- It’s 1 tablespoon of cumin seeds.
- It’s 1 tablespoon of cumin powder.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of turmeric.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of red chilli powder.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of coriander powder.
- You need 1 tablespoon of garam masala.
- You need 1 tablespoon of chaat masala.
- It’s Half of tablespoon black pepper powder.
- It’s of Few chilli flakes.
- Prepare 1 cup of boiled peas.
- You need of Some chopped ginger.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of curry leaves.
- It’s 1 tablespoon of kasoori methi.
The skin is them removed and the partially. Punjabi baingan bharta is easy to make and has a delicious smoky flavor from the roasted eggplant. Serve it with freshly made with hot chapatis. Baingan bharta is a flavorful vegetarian eggplant dish full of flavor.
Eggplant crispy bharta step by step
- First put two glass water in the cooker and put peeled eggplant and have two three whistles.
- Now for masala, in a heavy base pan add some oil and cumin seeds.
- Now add ginger and green chilli.
- Now add onion and roast until it looks little golden.
- Now add tomatoes and at other side dry roast all the spices together and add it with tomatoes.
- Now stir the masala at very low flame for atleast 20 minutes.
- Strain the boiled eggplant nad peas and add it to masala.again stir for 15 minutes.
- Yummy eggplant bharta is ready.
You don't need to go to an Indian restaurant to enjoy this classic Indian dish because it's so easy to make at home. Place eggplant on a medium baking sheet. I don't add yogurt to my baingan bharta, but adding it isn't a sin, i wouldn't heat the dish. This easy baingan bharta recipe is going to be a hit at home! Baingan (eggplant/aubergine) is I'm a massive baingan bharta snob because there is nothing appetizing about pulpy eggplant or baingan.