Brad's eggplant au gratin. This EGGPLANT GRATIN or Aubergine Gratin makes a crowd-pleasing side dish! Tender eggplant is smothered with a fingerlickin tomato cream sauce, topped with Gruyere I first made Eggplant Au Gratin for my husband's birthday and everyone absolutely loved it. As a matter of fact, what not love?
I did salt the eggplant for an hour to pull out more water but everything else was the same and it turned out GREAT! Brush both sides of eggplant slices with oil. Place on an ungreased baking sheet. You can have Brad's eggplant au gratin using 6 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Brad's eggplant au gratin
- It’s 1 of lg eggplant.
- Prepare 8-12 slices of swiss cheese.
- It’s of Garlic powder, salt, and pepper.
- You need 2 cups of half and half.
- You need 2 tbs of flour.
- It’s of Bread crumbs.
Look no further than the eggplant gratin for a go-to side that's as easy to whip up as it is versatile, pairing well with just about every protein. Staples like lemon, garlic, thyme and good-quality olive oil are all you need to enhance the flavors of already-delicious eggplant and tomatoes. Chicons au gratin is a Belgian national dish consisting of braised Belgian endives (aka chicons) wrapped in slices of baked ham and covered with a Chicons au gratin is wonderful for a friendly family-style meal. There's nothing fancy about this dish, yet it appears as if the cook made a big effort.
Brad's eggplant au gratin instructions
- Slice eggplant very thin..
- Grease a 9×13 baking pan.
- Lay eggplant in pan in layers. Between each layer, sprinkle with salt, pepper, and garlic powder. Also lay down 4 slices of cheese..
- Continue until all eggplant is used..
- Mix flour with cold half and half. Pour over the top of casserole. Shake a little to work out air bubbles between layers..
- Top lightly with bread crumbs..
- Bake at 375 around 20-25 minutes. Remove when top gets nice and browned..
- Let rest a couple minutes. Serve and enjoy..
Sprinkle the top of the Eggplant Au Gratin with the Parmesan cheese. Eggplant, mushrooms, lemon juice, milk, black pepper, red hot pepper sauce, bread crumbs, salt, butter, all-purpose flour, heavy whipping cream, nutmeg, eggs, parmesan cheese. Moussaka meets gratin (hold the meat). Add the chopped eggplant and cook over low-medium heat, just below simmering point, for one hour or until the eggplant is completely soft and the sauce has reduced to a slightly runny chutney-style consistency. On each eggplant slice, lay a zucchini slice, a pepper strip and a basil leaf.