Eggplant casserole with chickpeas and tomato sauce – Mussakaa. Cover the bottom with thin layer of tomato sauce, and make a layer of half the eggplant. Eggplant, tomato and onion are layered and seasoned with a splash of balsamic vinegar before being topped off with bread crumbs. Eggplant and Tomato Casserole. this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines.
Eggplant, potatoes & a hearty spiced meat sauce, all topped with thin cheese-based topping. The epitome of Greek comfort food, moussaka is basically a hearty eggplant casserole with a juicy One close to a vegetarian mussaka is this Turkish eggplant dish with tomato and green peppers: https. Spread chickpeas over eggplant; top with beaten eggs. You can have Eggplant casserole with chickpeas and tomato sauce – Mussakaa using 9 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Eggplant casserole with chickpeas and tomato sauce – Mussakaa
- It’s 3 of large eggplants, peeled and cut into long thick slices.
- It’s 1 cup of canned chickpeas.
- You need 4 of large tomatoes, peeled and cut into slices.
- You need 2 of large onions, cut into thin slices.
- It’s 1 tablespoon of tomato paste, dissolved in 1 cup water.
- Prepare 6 cloves of garlic, chopped.
- Prepare 2 tablespoons of olive oil.
- You need 1 cup of vegetable oil, for frying.
- You need 1 teaspoon of salt.
Serve hot and garnish with a leaf or two of fresh basil. An incredibly aromatic eggplant stew in garlic tomato sauce, a vegan eggplant recipe that you will make over and over again. Add the tomato sauce, water, tomato paste and some salt and pepper to taste. Stir well to dissolve the tomato paste and arrange the eggplants slices back into the pan.
Eggplant casserole with chickpeas and tomato sauce – Mussakaa step by step
- In a deep frying pan, heat the vegetable oil and fry the eggplant slices until they turn golden. Remove and place on a kitchen absorbent paper..
- In a cooking pot, heat the olive oil and fry the onion slices until they turn golden and soft..
- Add the fried eggplants, chickpeas, tomato slices, chopped garlic, tomato paste and salt. Cover the pot and leave it to cook on medium heat for 15 min or until the sauce thickens. Remove from heat and let it cool. Adjust salt to taste..
- Best served cold..
Grind to a fine powder in a spice grinder. In a large bowl, combine the eggplant, chickpeas, and tomato sauce. The casserole was delicious, and the farm looks even more intriguing. I love the idea of being able to hang out in a Tuscan kitchen taking cooking Baking polenta, tomato sauce and cheese together is a sure winner. Moroccan-spiced tomato stew with roasted eggplant, smoky spices, and chickpeas!