Grilled eggplant puree and tahini – baba ghannouj. To roast the eggplant, set each eggplant directly on the flame, grill, or grate. (If you're using the oven, set a tray on the rack under the eggplant to catch any drips.) Taste as you mix and adjust seasoning. Turn the baba ghanouj into a bowl and chill before serving. Char grill eggplants over a direct flame or roast in the oven until skin has blackened.
Remove stem and end of eggplant, if firm. Put in blender or food processor. Blend in most of the lemon juice. You can have Grilled eggplant puree and tahini – baba ghannouj using 8 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Grilled eggplant puree and tahini – baba ghannouj
- It’s 2 of large eggplants.
- It’s 2 cloves of garlic, crushed.
- It’s 1/4 cup of tahini, sesame paste.
- It’s 1/4 cup of lemon juice.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of salt.
- You need of – For garnishing:.
- You need 1 tablespoon of parsley, chopped.
- It’s 1 tablespoon of pomegranate seeds, optional.
This Eggplant Dip (or Baba Ganoush) recipe with grilled eggplant is amazingly smooth and creamy with a delicious smoky flavor. Serve it alongside some fresh pita bread and vegetables for a delicious Mediterranean spread. The other day I was bringing my car in for a detailing (lots of friends and family. Baba Ghannouj (Eggplant And Sesame Puree).
Grilled eggplant puree and tahini – baba ghannouj instructions
- Cut the eggplants in half (lengthwise) and place on a broiler pan (cut side down)..
- Put under a broiler until the outside skin is charred black and the pulp inside soft. You can test for its readiness by inserting a knife or fork to see if it passes through easily..
- Once it is cooked you can easily peel off the skin. Discard the skin..
- Place the eggplant pulp in a bowl and let it cool for 1 hr in the refrigerator. After cooling, some water might sweat out of the eggplant pulp; discard the extra liquid before using..
- In a food processor, blend together the eggplant, crushed garlic, tahini, lemon juice and salt. Make sure to have the processor on slow mix..
- Adjust salt, lemon or tahini according to taste..
- Serve in a shallow dish with a drizzle of olive oil and pita bread..
- Garnish with chopped parsley or fresh pomegranate seeds..
Grilled Baba Ghanoush With Grilled Naan. Char Grilled Kangaroo Loin With Crispy Pancetta And Eggplant Relish. To roast the eggplant, set each eggplant directly on the flame, grill, or grate. (If you're using the oven, set a tray on the rack under the eggplant to catch any drips.) What wines go with Baba Ghanouj (Eggplant & Tahini Purée)? Baba ghannouj is a Middle Eastern dip made from eggplant. The tahini adds creaminess and the garlic and lemon juice bring flavor and freshness.