Aubergine and Pepper Miso Stir Fry. Miso Stir-Fry with Summer Vegetables is a popular dish with eggplants and bell peppers. Enjoy plenty of this delicious stir-fry when eggplants and bell peppers are in season. The sweetened miso flavor goes great with steamed rice!
Add some oil to a frying pan on medium heat. Add the miso sauce and stir well in order to evenly coat the aubergine and pepper. Add the cubed aubergine (eggplant) and a pinch of salt and fry over high heat until the aubergine starts to colour and soften. You can cook Aubergine and Pepper Miso Stir Fry using 9 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Aubergine and Pepper Miso Stir Fry
- Prepare 2 of large aubergines, cut into bite size pieces.
- You need 2 of bell peppers, cut into bite size pieces.
- It’s 1 of onion, cut into bite size pieces.
- Prepare 1 Tbsp of fresh ginger, finely chopped.
- It’s 1/4 of cup(60ml) miso paste.
- Prepare 2 Tbsp of Soy sauce.
- Prepare 2 Tbsp of Sake.
- You need 2 Tbsp of Mirin.
- Prepare 3/4 of cup(180ml) water.
Add half the marinade and continue to fry over fairly high heat. Once the aubergines are almost fork tender, add the prawns, radicchio leaves and most of the spring onions and fry everything together for a couple more. The most common types of miso are red miso, white miso, and blended. Red miso tastes rich and salty whereas white miso is lighter flavoured and slightly sweet, so you can choose which flavours you prefer.
Aubergine and Pepper Miso Stir Fry step by step
- Cut the aubergines into bite size chuncks. Soak in water to remove bitterness..
- While soaking the aubergines, cut the peppers into bite size chunks..
- Cut the onion into bite size pieces..
- Cut the ginger very fine..
- Mix all the other ingredients with or without water..
- Heat the oil on medium heat and cook the onion and the ginger..
- When the onion is getting soft add drained aubergines. Combine well and cook 1 min..
- Add mixed seasoning and water then turn up the heat to bring it to a boil..
- Add the peppers and cook until everything is soft..
- When the aubergines get really soft and the soup is thickened, it's done..
Carin shows you the exact steps to make a simple eggplant stir fry incorporating healthy and delicious miso paste. Miso Vegetable Stir Fry is a succulent meal in a single dish. Also you can remove the Pork to have a memorable vegetarian meal. This is easy to prepare and exceedingly tasty. When most people think of stir fry, they think Chinese but the Japanese cuisine is a great user of the cooking process.