Braised eggplant and tofu in Claypot 鱼香茄子煲🍆#veggies#. Eggplant Tofu Claypot is a common veggie dish in Chinese restaurant that goes well with rice or any entree. I'm a sucker for braised eggplant/鱼香茄子 🍆🍆🍆 and it's a must-order for me each time I'm at a Chinese restaurant. Add in the crumbled tofu and fry till well coated.
Get the recipe for Eggplant and Tofu Stir-Fry. This braised tofu or hongshao dofu is my grandpa's favorite dish when we go out to eat at this little Cantonese restaurant on Division Street in Chinatown. I have to say that this is a pretty crazy authentic homemade version, courtesy of my dad, natch. You can have Braised eggplant and tofu in Claypot 鱼香茄子煲🍆#veggies# using 15 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Braised eggplant and tofu in Claypot 鱼香茄子煲🍆#veggies#
- It’s 3 of Chinese long eggplants, cut into 1 inch sticks.
- Prepare 1/2 pack of extra firm tofu, sliced.
- You need 1 of potato, diced.
- You need 1 cup of Mushroom, sliced (optional).
- Prepare 3 of baby sweet bell peppers, sliced into thin strips.
- You need 1 cup of cilantro.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of Basil.
- Prepare 3 stalks of green Onion.
- Prepare 1 Tsp of tamari.
- It’s 1 Tsp of Pixian fermented bean paste.
- Prepare 1 tsp of sugar.
- You need 2 Tsp of olive oil.
- Prepare 2 tsp of toasted sesame oil.
- You need 2 of garlic cloves, minced.
- It’s 2 tsp of galangal, minced(optional).
Braised Tofu with Seafood and Assorted Vegetables in Claypot 杂锦锅香豆腐. Stewed Eggplant with Minced Pork and Salted Fish in Claypot 渔香茄子煲. Eggplant with Vegetable Salted Fish 鱼香茄子. Should indicate in the menu whether there is egg in the ingredients as some vegetarian do not take eggs.
Braised eggplant and tofu in Claypot 鱼香茄子煲🍆#veggies# step by step
- Cut eggplant into 1 inch sticks and soak them in salt water. (It reduces the oil required for sauté).
- While eggplant is soaking. Pan fry extra firm tofu in a flat pan. If you struggling with the sticky issue, nonstick pan can be used for this job. Seal tofu until golden brown..
- In a cast iron wok, sauté garlic, bell peppers and galangal in oil until aromatic. Add pan seared tofu and squeeze dried eggplant. Sauté on medium heat..
- Mix tamari sauce and Pixian fermented bean paste in 1 cup of hot water. Pour into the wok. Stir until the sauce well coated everything and allow it to cook on high heat to reduce liquid. If eggplant is not soft and not tranlucent add more hot water if needed..
- On a Clay pot, heat up 2 tsp sesame oil and sliced green Onion sauté until aromatic..
- Transfer all veggies into the Clay pot and bring it to a boil again. Add finishing herbs, Basil and cilantro right before serving. Serve in the Clay pot..
Tried to call the restaurant to confirm but no one answered. Think tofu is bland and boring? This braise of custardy curds cloaked in a garlicky, spicy meat sauce—the signature dish of the Sichuan province—will change your mind. Think tofu is bland and boring? This braised tofu recipe by Chef Theresa Lin is a great way to enjoy a Chinese culinary staple for beginners.